exhaust Heat Shield question - Hizzett
The heat shield between the exhaust and engine sump has worked loose and I'm unable to tighten it as one of the nuts has cross threaded. The rattle is beginning to drive me mad now. Is it wise to just remove it for a week when the car goes in for a service?
exhaust Heat Shield question - Dynamic Dave
Is it wise to just remove it for a week when the car goes in for a service?

what, in case they offer to fix it for you? Heat shield must be there for a reason, otherwise Ford wouldn't have fitted it. If I understand your question correctly, you can undo the cross threaded bolt to remove the heat shield, but cannot tighten it. If this is the case, why not just put a shorter bolt in, or pack a couple of washers between the heat shield and head of the bolt?
exhaust Heat Shield question - Simon
It is a common fault on the ST Focus. There is no one answer to your problem, some people remove them and leave them off, others take their exhausts off and fix them properly. What you do is up to you but if it was me then I would fix it/have it fixed properly. If all it is is due to a cross threaded bolt then it shouldn't take much sorting.
exhaust Heat Shield question - Altea Ego
If its in for a service, why not ask them to fix it?
------------------------------
< Ex RF, Ex TVM >
exhaust Heat Shield question - milkyjoe
isnt the heat shield to prevent fires( like when you park on long dry grass ) to admire the view?
exhaust Heat Shield question - cheddar
It is a heat shield, it is there to shield the heat, if it is not there the heat will not be shielded which is more of an issue than a rattle, leave it on and get it fixed when the car is serviced.