Water and oil mix despite new HG. - Kevz
hello there, having trouble again, I've owned my car for a year now but for the last six months she's been nothing but trouble!!, anyway, the problem is the oil and the coolant keeps mixing, I've bought three head gaskets now but every time i put the oil in and the coolant leave it over night oil keeps appearing at the bottom left corner, I've done everything else by the book, no-one that's had a look can tell me what's going on, I've taken the head off again, the coolant holes are all coolant but i cant figure out how the oil goes down to the sump, from what I've gathered all the holes on the cylinder block are full of coolant, and the holes on the cylinder head from the valves go into holes into the cylinder block, which is connected to some coolant holes. can anyone help???, i need the car on the go asap, is the cylinder head wrong, and have i bought a heap??
any help would be great!!!

Complete re-write to the subject heading to include vehicle details and fault - PU
Golf Mk3- Water and oil mix despite new HG. - Screwloose
Kevz

The usual reason for oil in the water on these, is a leak in the oil cooler on top of the filter.
Golf Mk3- Water and oil mix despite new HG. - injection doc
yep oil cooler, very very common
Doc
Golf Mk3- Water and oil mix despite new HG. - Peter D
Ned engine code as not all have a cooler. Regards Peter
Water and oil mix despite new HG. - old school
have head check for crack or warp head