Advice on motorola phone - UkGuy
Id been having problems with the incar fitted phone (manufacturer installed) that is hidden in the arm rest - its a Motorola unit.

So I thought I would give it a clean and took it out of the unit by way of the standard phone jack clip (similar to the Ethernet/dial up cable in a laptop). No problem....I thought

But when I plugged it back in the screen on the dash just comes up with the 'handset in use' message and no amount of button pushing on the handset gets rid of it?

To answer some common questions
yes was careful taking out putting in etc
No there were not any breaking sounds
Plus with the type of attachment the unit is designed to be taken out by the driver (probably to stop it being stolen)

Basically I thought the old unit was broken so bought a new one off the internet.

It doesn't work either.

Is there a reset button that I need to use?

HELP!!!!!
advice on motorola phone for Jaguar X type - injection doc
Have you tried the X-type forum? there are lots of hints & help over installed phone systems.
I think one is Jaguar forum.co.uk & other is UK jaguar x-type club. Knowing Jaguar you'll probably need it coding in!
Advice on motorola phone for Jaguar X type - injection doc
There is a TSB jaguar technical service bulliten out on this problem so either visit the jaguar website & pay for Jag tech service about 13.50 for 24hrs or ask a dealer for help. reference 419 is the bullten
Doc
Advice on motorola phone for Jaguar X type - UkGuy

Thanks for the help - I will contact them :)
Advice on motorola phone - UkGuy

OK for the good of the room -how to sort it

1. The car battery has to be disconnected first - so only attempt if you have the radio code available

2. Jaguars uk web site actually has a 'ask customer services a question' with drop down boxes and a narrative pad to type your question

I asked the question and suggested I shouldnt have to pay for the advice

less than an hour later I received an email response from Jag

WELL DONE JAG - goes to prove you dont have to pay for everything :)