Unhappy Accord gearbox - Alex M
This is what HJ's car-by-car breakdown has to say about the UK Honda Accord 98 onwards.

<<<< What's Bad
Reports of problems with manual gearboxes. Serious problem with the printed circuit boards that control the automatic load compensating headlamp beam adjusters of Type Rs which may become the subject of a safety recall. >>>>

Can anyone elaborate on what the "problems with manual gearboxes" actually are? I've got a 2001 Accord, got it at 12 months old with 10000 miles and right from day one going into first hasn't always been perfect - but not a problem.

Sometimes you really have to give it a shove to get it into first from standing still and/or try several times, occasionally letting the clutch out and putting it back in again before it goes into first. And this morning (for the first time) it made a very brief crunch noise going into third even with the clutch was pressed down to the floor.

It's coming up to its 18000 mile service, so I'll mention it then, but my fear is they'll just put it down to my imagination or something or tell me there's nothing wrong.

Any more details in advance would be appreciated.

Alex.
Re: Unhappy Accord gearbox - john w.
Dragging clutch??
Re: Unhappy Accord gearbox - Andy P
I asked this very same question last year(!) and got nowhere fast. My problem is that it's very difficult to get into second or third without the car lurching forward. Even letting the clutch out veeeerrrrry slowly still makes it lurch slightly. Clutch as well?

Andy