Public Transport - BMDUBYA
the government and greenies want us out of our cars and we face moronic, SCUM that do things llike this

www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=60...4

Summary

A charity worker was beaten up and left for dead after politely asking a fellow rail passenger to move out of his way, a court heard.

Roger Hare enraged his attacker by saying 'Excuse me' as he tried to make his way off the train.

The 62-year-old was punched repeatedly and sent flying out of the carriage and on to the station platform.

Other passengers were too scared to step in and watched as his alleged attacker, Ebanezer Adesina, calmly got off the train and walked away.

Why is this allowed to happen!

{typo in header corrected - DD}
Pulbic Transport - Garethj
Worse things happen with road rage so I don't quite get your point?
Pulbic Transport - Stuartli
Worse things happen with road rage so I don't quite get your point?>>

Worse things?

I don't get your point either, to be frank.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Public transport - BMDUBYA
No they do not, when would you say excuse me to someone in a road rage incident? You have a choice to ignore them and not get out of your car, drive off, on public transport what can you do? I do not agree that road rage is worse, this guy simply wanted to get past. I commute on a daily basis and either see aggression or hear from colleagues who have witnessed aggression, fortunately, I hope that this is rare, but I do not witness such aggression when driving my car, and as I say, in your car you at least have some form of protection from low life scum like this.
Public transport - L'escargot
Unfortunately it's a sign of the times. In certain sections of the community violence is now common and presumably therefore is thought of as normal and acceptable. In my younger days I would have had no fears whatsoever about walking about a town centre after closing time. I wouldn't risk it now though.
--
L\'escargot.
Public transport - Stuartli
It's not, of course, confined exclusively to the UK:

news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=284751
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Public transport - retgwte
WELL................

having intervened a few times in the past, I can tell you that when

i) brothers/fathers/local big time criminals associated with the thug you intervened against find out where you live/travel you will find yourself being attacked, your car nicked, bricks through your window

ii) when the police and state so called justice system get involved nothing of substance will be done to stop i) and you will end up suffering and having to move house/job etc

and of course we have the

A) my father got threatened with arrest for assault cos the little pink fluffy dice he stopped beating someone up made a complaint, now how sympathetic do you think the cops were to my father the good samaritan? er not at all

So all in all we have evolved a system where the decent folk are heavily incentivised not to get involved, and there you have it, the pink fluffy dice know they can get away with it

there is no mystery

Public transport - Lud
Although rude behaviour is quite common incidents of the sort described in the OP are really very rare. This was an instance of a psychotic twerp either on something or, worse still, coming down off something and not in the best of moods. He seems to have been caught and seems to be being prosecuted for what he did, and I would be surprised if he didn't get five years at least. Not of course that it will improve his disposition much. But it will keep him away from all but his fellow prisoners.

To use retgwte's terminology, this fellow is certainly a pink fluffy dice. But he may be realising in a slow, fuddled way that he can't necessarily get away with it.
Public transport - retgwte
serious assault is not that rare, i see it regularly, and if you sit in A & E for a while you will see how common it is

re "he can't necessarily get away with it" chances of being caught 0.0001 %, chances of being put in front of a court 0.00000000001 %, chances of spending any time behind bars at all 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 %

the odds are very much in favour of the pink fluffy dice
Public transport - Lud
serious assault is not that rare i see it regularly

Well I don't envy you retgwte.

Are not most serious assaults somewhat less gratuitous than the one described above though? Following an exchange of hard words between roughly equivalent people in age and class terms? I don't mean they are all right under those circumstances of course, just that they are more understandable.
Public transport - Westpig
exchange of hard words between roughly equivalent people in age and class terms?
>>

i'm now thinking of that sketch with the Two Ronnies and John Cleese about 'class'
Public transport - Lud
i'm now thinking of that sketch with the Two Ronnies and John Cleese about 'class'

Don't remember it myself WP...

Do you though understand what I said here? Do you disagree?

I understand from what I read that most assault victims are of similar age to their attackers, and the assault usually follows a bit of verbal. Respectable old geezers like me and middleaged ones like you are seldom attacked at random by little toerags. They tend to go for each other.

Of course I am not suggesting in any way that this is all right. But my understanding is that it is what happens.

I remember being young. If you snarled back at another little fellow in the street fisticuffs were only a heartbeat away.
Public transport - Westpig
But he may be realising in a slow fuddled way that he can't necessarily get away with it.

I very much doubt it... people like that have absolutely no regard for others whatsoever. Nil.

Five years imprisonment (if he gets that much) will automatically mean only 2.5 years in jail. I really cannot see why they don't just tell them straight what the sentence is, i.e. 2.5 yrs to start with... other than trying to have the public over...and he'll possibly get less if through the current overcrowding he is released early....

What deterrent or aid to public safety will that be? Damn near killing a man, changing his life forever and frightening the wotsist out of everyone else..... I wouldn't travel on a train/bus through that part of the city if you paid me.
Public transport - Hamsafar
A man in South London recently asked some 'yutes' on the bus to stop throwing chips, they gouged his eyes out with a knife and stabbed him. Thankfully AFAIK his eyes were put back in at the hospital. It was just a tiny story on annanova news.
Public transport - Aprilia
Somewhat unfair to blame this on 'public transport' - these things happen in all kinds of circumstances. I remember last year reading about a motorist who pulled up at some lights late one night. He was hauled out of his car by a couple of 'local boyz', stuffed in the boot and stayed there whilst they raced around the town for a couple of hours, then dumped the car.

Last year a friend of mine was smacked in the face in a burger place in B'ham - he asked a guy to move aside so he could get some tomato sauce and the bloke just shouted something at him and hit him, then ran off.
Public transport - Sofa Spud
This incident was serious but road rage is just as bad. I've heard of drivers who have been forced off the road by road ragers. One driver once got so annoyed at me keeping to a 30 limit that, after tailgating me very close, he overtook me dangerously, cut in and slammed on his brakes before speeding off.
Public transport - ukbeefy
But they did catch the offenders and I think they got reasonable sentences.