Informed FSH/1 owner - am I being picky? - shanna
Bought a car in May being told it had FSH and was one owner (verbally) from a Land Rover dealership. Had tow bar fitted and brought home. Since receiving log book found out I am the third owner. Dealership have contacted us to say they can't find out who first serviced the vehicle and are trying to contact the first owner - this has been going on since May. So it hasn't got a FSH at the moment. The car broke down within 20 mins of picking it up but they did pay for over £700 worth of work to it which we agreed to have done at our local dealership. Feel as if I'm being picky but they shouldn't state 1 owner/FSH if it isn't accurate.
Informed FSH/1 owner - am I being picky? - jc2
If it is not in writing,very little you can do.
Informed FSH/1 owner - am I being picky? - Kuang
Didn't the service book bear out the service history? I would have thought that the owner was less important than the recorded interval and details of the service.
Informed FSH/1 owner - am I being picky? - local yokel
You should have checked the existence of the FSH before you parted with the cash, rather than taking the dealer's word for it.
Informed FSH/1 owner - am I being picky? - shanna
There's no record of the first service at all - either in the book (which they still have) or on the computer records. I know - naive - should have gone through the documents. I trusted them cause they were a dealership!!!!
Informed FSH/1 owner - am I being picky? - OldHand
You need to write to them sooner rather than later informing them politely of your displeasure and that you are thinking of rejecting the car. You also need to send a copy and covering letter to Land Rover UK. You've been sold something different than you paid for with missing service history that's worth a lot less when you come to sell it.

Take action ASAP or repent at leisure. You aren't being 'picky' they sold you a pup which broke down and lied to you about it as well!

If you paid for any of it with a credit card you can get the C/C company involved as well. They'll refund you the full amount and take it up with the dealer!!!

I did exactly as described when a stupid Subaru dealer lied to me about my car being covered by a 'Proven' warranty and then tried to give me some useless aftermarket job. Not only did I get a refund and apology in the end I also made IM sweat blood to stop me suing them.