1997 Seat Toledo - Itermittant stopping - metamac
Got a Seat Toledo Sport (1997), It cuts out intermittantly, sometimes after a few miles and sometimes after 100's, theres not set patten to when and why. It re-starts after about 10 mins with no problem...any ideas??

{Car details added to header to make less vague, and for any forum searches - DD}
Itermittant stopping - Peter D
If it is a clean cut out i.e. no spluttering and slowly shutting down then I would suspect a crank or cam sensor. Have you had the error codes read. ? Regards Peter
Itermittant stopping - metamac
Thanks Peter, yeah theres no spluttering, just complete loss of power..It just cranks over when trying to re-start, but after about 10 mins it re-stars no problem. No I havent had error codes read, I take it that has to be done by a Seat deales? ..Ray

Itermittant stopping - Screwloose

ECU control relay?
Cheers Screwloose, where would the ECU relay live?, would it be in the fuse box panel....Thanks ..Ray
Ray

What's the engine size and code? [It's on cam-belt cover; inside front of handbook; label in boot.]
Its 1984cc...cant read label on cam belt cover, got no handbook and theres no label in boot :( , not much help there sorry ..Ray

There's so much variation between engines, it's hard to be accurate; but it may have 30 printed on it and be in the middle of the row of relays, one row up from the fuses.
wow...what can I say...I located the relay (30), pulled it out and tried to start and nothing, just cranking over, like it does when it stops intermittanly, replaced it it starts as normal, so its a new relay I need....Thanks Screwloose....your a star..Ray
p.s. I take it when it stops when driving, the relay over heats or something and breaks contact??
Ray

Pop the top off and examine the solder joints inside; usually it's the one in the bottom corner that cracks and heats up.

They're peanuts from the dealer and have been modified several times.
Thanks, I will do, much appreciated for the help and advice for this frustrating problem I been having for a few months now....Ray