Ford Focus Radios - Ronamatroid
Hello there, can anyone help me?
I recently bought a ford focus 1.6 LX T Reg, and it has a 6000 cd RDS radio installed (the one with the rocker switch volume control). This is not working with the steering column radio controls, I have been told that it can, but the original radio which was installed was a 5000 radio cassette type.
Can the steering column remote control work with the 6000 series CD / radio? If so, how do you get it to work?
Also, where can you get the removel tool for the radio?
Ford Focus Radios - mikej
I'm surprised that your steering wheel controls don't control the 6000 CD's volume, as I'm fairly sure the 6000 CD was an option back then.

Despite the unusual square holes, you just need a standard removal tool to get an OEM Ford stereo (of that age) out - Halfords sell them.
Ford Focus Radios - Ronamatroid
Mike

I have checked the back of the radio and the plug for the remote control doesn't seem to have a sockeyt to plug into. I don't know if there is a lead which converts the plug types? Any other suggestions for what radio I need to get to get the remote controls to work?
Ford Focus Radios - GregSwain
Try a Ford dealer for this one - unfortunately an adaptor between 2 different Ford wiring setups will not be a standard part available from a motor factor. I'm surprised that the new stereo doesn't have the same plug as the old one did.