Splilt antifreeze in engine. - Ravenger
While topping up my C-Max's coolant today, I accidentally spilt some onto the top of the coolant tank, which dripped down into the engine. It wasn't an enormous amount.

Is this anything to worry about, or do I need to do anything about it like rinse it off?

Why do they make the refill orifices so hard to get to, even with a funnel?
Splilt antifreeze in engine. - normd2
anytime I do this I immediately pour a jug or two of water over the same place - just in case.
Splilt antifreeze in engine. - Saltrampen
Wash it down with some water, as long has it hasn't gone anywhere where water would cause problems, it should be OK. My main worry would be things like the breather hole on the Clutch fork entry hole into the gearbox and possibly the alternator windings.

It is supposed to come in contact with metal and rubber anyway,so your mainly problem would be if it got into anything electrical, but most stuff in the deeper parts of the engine should be splashproof.

Splilt antifreeze in engine. - Victorbox
Does the new pink OAT antifreeze still discolour paint like the old blue / green ethylene glycol stuff?
Splilt antifreeze in engine. - Saltrampen
Both Longlife and Normal antifreeze (either PG or EG based) are supposed to have a high pH (>10) ie. Alkaline, when in a 50/50 mix with water. If the pH is the reason for the paint discolouration (which I suspect it is) then will still discolour paint. But at pH 10 - 11 I guess you have to leave it on there for some time (hours). Should be a warning on bottle not to spill on paintwork. The pH of your antifreeze is a way of telling if it has had it, if it drops down to lower values then it is time to change it.
Splilt antifreeze in engine. - Ravenger
Thanks for the prompt answers. I've just flushed the spill area with 2 litres of water, so hopefully it should be ok. I'm not using the car for a few hours so it should have time to dry out.

Hopefully I've put it in the correct orifice, unlike what happened in the horror stories in the other forum thead ;-)