San Storm convertible? - Chris White
Hi

Went to my local motor show over the weekend (Eastbourne) and a company had the San Storm convertible on show. From what little info I can find on the cars, these seem to be Indian built with 1.2litre French engines.

The fit and finish of the show cars really wasn't very impressive. They had one show car that had blanking plates for the speakers and stereo, so not sure if they're optional extras. James May (who was hosting the event) likened the San to the Japanese Q cars, because of the size of it.

Don't know what other people think, but for £10k I'd put my money into a 2nd hand MX-5. You could get a nice 1.8 with low mileage and only 2 or 3 years old for that money. And you're pretty much guaranteed reliability with the Mazda.

Chris.
San Storm convertible? - Altea Ego
Had never heard of it -soo Google is your friend

"San Storm is a two seat convertible sports car from San Motors in India introduced in 1998. It was designed by the French Le Mans Group. It is powered by a 1149 cc Renault D7F engine driving the front wheels giving 60 bhp and a top speed of 160 km/h. It is designed with a doubleskinned fibreglass reinforced with tubular steel underbody and chassis, and the weight is only 760 kg giving a reasonable power to weight ratio. The time from 0 to 100 km/h is given as 11 seconds"

auto.indiamart.com/cars/san-storm/
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
San Storm convertible? - movilogo
This car was even flop in India - simply couldn't compete with other cars in Indian market (mostly dominated by Suzuki, Hyundai & other local manufactuers)