White van and trailer? - Saltrampen
I was overtaken whilst doing a speed slightly in excess of 70 by white van (Down hill) with a loaded trailer behind it (I won't admit my speed but he must have been doing over 85 - 90mph).
Comments:
I thought speed limits with trailers were 10mph less than normal light vehicles on motorway?
I thought trailer tyres weren't speed rated much above 90 anyway?
Anyone seen worse than this?

To cap it all - on the back "Hows my driving?"
White van and trailer? - Boggy
How's My Driving? Tel: 999
LOL
White van and trailer? - Ruperts Trooper
Speed limits for vehicles towing trailers are 60mph on dual carriageways, 50mph on single carriageways - unless a lower limit applies to all vehicles or specific limits apply to the towing vehicle.

Most trailer tyres are "N" rated (87mph) but a few are restricted to 62mph.
White van and trailer? - Dwight Van Driver
I have a photo of a Vulcan hooked up to a Valiant on its way down to Falklands doing about 400 mph plus?

dvd
White van and trailer? - bathtub tom
But was the Vulcan pushing, or the Valiant pulling?
White van and trailer? - midlifecrisis
Must be an old picture, we said goodbye to the Valiant in 1965!
White van and trailer? - jc2
Trailers may be banned from the RH lane of 3 lane m/ways but how else do you get past the middle lane mimsers?
White van and trailer? - PhilW
Undertake
--
Phil
White van and trailer? - Pete M
Must be an old picture we said goodbye to the Valiant in 1965!

I suggest it was a Victor tanker refuelling the Vulcan. Valiant, the third V-Bomber, did have a short life compared to the other two. Was it airframe metal fatigue that killed it off?
White van and trailer? - Ruperts Trooper
The Valiant was obsolete before it went into service!

During work-up operations with our first nucleur jet bomber, the Canberra, it was realised that high level approach was suicidal because of radar and interceptors so a low-level strategy, called LABS, was evolved. The Canberra was quite good for this but only carried small, US-controlled nucleur weapons.

The Valiant, first of the larger V-bombers into service, couldn't handle the stresses involved with LABS. Three airframe failures occurred, so the rest were immediately grounded - when they were checked they all had serious fatigue cracks so were scrapped.

A prototype B2 version of the Valiant had been built, specifically to cope with low-level stresses, but was never put into production.

The Victors were hurriedly converted to take over the reconnaissance and tanker roles of the Valiant, leaving the Vulcan as our first practical nucleur bomber.
White van and trailer? - Chas{P}
I have a photo of a Vulcan hooked up to a Valiant on its way
down to Falklands doing about 400 mph plus?

Definately would have been a Victor not a Valiant.
White van and trailer? - Saltrampen
Ruperts
that reminds me - police recently set up a mobile camera van in a section of single carriageway near me with a fixed speed camera (set to above 60mph) and then pulled over loads of trailers and heavy vehicles for doing 60 when they should have been doing 50mph!
White van and trailer? - Muggy
I've had the distinctly nervous experience of doing 70 in the left hand lane of the M5 only to see a caravan come charging past me bouncing all over the place at what must have been 90+...!!