Poser Subaru owner - milkyjoe
had to laugh the other day, subaru with all the go faster stripes and wings and stuff parked in a driveway and the fence posts either side had blue frosted lights set in to drawer your attention to the car as you drove past.....sad or what?
poser subaru owner - mk124
We may laugh at this kind of owner and I do enjoy the barry boys website, but I have come to actually like cars of the kind you refer to.

My feeling is that the owners of modified car are doing us a service, it would be very boring if everyone bought silver 1.4 Vauxhall Astras.

A lot the of reason why people modify cars is percived to be the owners need to be noticed, and to show off - no wonder why some people find that obnoxouse. However I don't need to make it about the owners, rather we can gleam some joy in their inspiration. I belive a lot of the wow factor of modified cars is real, they are moving sculptures. Allow yourself to be wowed by the neons and 3 foot spoilers, whilst thinking they are tacky.

Modified cars are a relativly good way for people to attach the 'look at me' badge on themselves, whilst finding a passion (however misguided) that hurts nobody. Too many people don't have the oulet of art and a sense of comunity that the modified car scene brings and end of as bitter and manipulative induviduals.

The only proviso is, we should enforce laws against unsafe modifications - like the tinting of windows etc.

I am not to sure what is worse, a misguided individual making their car a visual (but entertaing) monstrocity/piece of art, or the person who can't let people deviate from the boring norm.

I do agree with the OP the owner of the car is sad, but they also an entertaing character that raises a (covered) smile.

-----------------------------------------------

Torque means nothing without RPM
poser subaru owner - mss1tw
Sorry mk124, I'd agree if an MG ZR (Yellow, naturally; oh for a 'rolleyes' smiley) didn't flatulate past my front door every morning, looking like it drove into the Ripspeed section of Halfords the night before.

Ridiculous wheels, awful backbox, Lexus lights of course...driven by a mid thirties woman (Weight and age)

If you're going to do it, do it properly!
poser subaru owner - Pete M
Ridiculous wheels awful backbox Lexus lights of course...driven by a mid thirties woman (Weight and age)

The age I can imagine, but the weight? 35Kg or 35 stone? Nasty either way.
poser subaru owner - mss1tw
The age I can imagine but the weight? 35Kg or 35 stone? Nasty either way.

Tonnes. (Ooh it started while I was replying, weird)

We call it the Custard Carpheap.
poser subaru owner - Aprilia
I like to see modded cars too, so long as they are done properly. I'm sure lots of us jacked up Capris or fitted Cherry exahusts, air dams etc etc etc in years gone buy. These people are interested in their cars and taking a pride in them.
Poser Subaru owner - Roly93
As I regularly say to my car-hating brother in law "enjoying cars isn't a criminal offence yet in the UK" ! Okay there is no accounting for car modders taste, but who cares if it keeps them meaningfully occupied.
The only one things that annoys me about modded cars is the unnecessarily noisy exhausts they fit. I was following a modded Honda down the M4 the other day, and I dont know how he could put up with the load drone from the exhaust at motorway speddd, not to mention the annoyance factor to people in his neighbourhood.
Poser Subaru owner - nortones2
Some of these things are the equivalent of the 3 ducks on the wall syndrome. A great deal of expense may have gone into them, but the end result is risible. A warning sign, rather like a wasps colouration.....Beware, plank on board.
Poser Subaru owner - ForumNeedsModerating
I've noticed that owner-modder drivers , as opposed to bought-it-modded-7th hand drivers, seem generally more concerned about their driving style & vehicle 'integrity'. They're not going to risk a scrape or worse (or attention from the constabulary) by driving like chavs or white van persons. What I do look out for are those tired customised-in-the-mid-90's cars (or half-finished ones) where it's obvious the current owner wasn't the proud creator, and has bought the image on the cheap & may feel they have something to prove.
Poser Subaru owner - Andy P
At my place of work, I've recently been moved out of the basement and into the ground floor labs. Whereas before I had a nice view of the roofs of the houses opposite and the sky, I can now see the road.

Since then, I've noticed something "odd" - the noise level generated by the cars that go past seems to be inversely proportional to the size of the car (and probably the IQ/ego/"equipment" of the driver). I can almost set my watch by a silver bespoilered Corsa that drives past twice every day....