'96 Fiesta 1.8d - Changing Fan Belt - wolfmeister
Hi need to change the fan belt on my other half's 1.8d Fiesta. However the fan belt has split and fell off therefore have no belt to refer to. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get a diagram of the route round the pulleys etc. Haven't tried fitting yet but don't want to get it wrong.

Many thanks

{slight re-jig to subject line - PU}
'96 Fiesta 1.8d - Changing Fan Belt - piston power
Haynes manual? or try web site pics do a google search of the engine you might just see it?
'96 Fiesta 1.8d - Changing Fan Belt - bell boy
Get the belt,make sure its ribbed to the pulleys,make sure you get the right one (pas or non pas),slacken off or was it on the adjuster on the alternator,make sure you oil this first as they seize and twist
and the belt will look straight forward after a minute or two, i seem to remember you have to undo something near the bottom pulley but could be wrong
the back of the serpentine belt goes round the tension pulley if this helps,i also seem to remember this is the bit you need to undo to get new belt on?
'96 Fiesta 1.8d - Changing Fan Belt - DP
i seem to
remember you have to undo something near the bottom pulley but could be wrong

Yes, the belt tensioner adjuster bolt points almost vertically downwards (you get to it from underneath). As you unscrew this bolt, it slackens the belt tension, and tightening it increases belt tension. Before you do this, you have to slacken the allen bolt in the centre of the tensioner pulley wheel by a couple of turns, or else the tensioner won't move when you undo the adjuster bolt. When you're done, tighten this bolt back up.

The belt drives everything with its ribbed side, apart from the tensioner which it drives anti-clockwise with the smooth side.

The belt routing, in order from the crank pulley is as follows:

Clockwise around the crank pulley (ribbed side in), then horizontally directly across to the alternator pulley, clockwise around it (ribbed side in), then to the tensioner pulley which it drives anticlockwise (ribbed side out), then to the power steering pump which it drives clockwise (ribbed side in), and finally back to the crank pulley.

This assumes an Endura DE engine with PAS and no air-con.

If it's a different config, let me know.

Cheers
DP
Can also post diagrams if you need them.

Cheers
DP
2004 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
2000 Ford Mondeo 1.8TD LX
1997 Ford Fiesta 1.4 16v Chi
I diagram would be great if you have one. How do you want to send it can you post a link on here or do want an email address. I have tried the haynes book doesn't show anything and google search so far hasn't come up with anything.
many thanks for your help everyone.
It's on a CD at home. I'll post it up when I get home tonight with a link.

Before I do can you confirm whether it has air-con and/or power steering?

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
97 Ford Fiesta 1.4 16v Chicane (for sale)
That would be great, it has power steering but no air con - as you said.

Many thanks again
No worries.

It'll be sometime after 7 once we've got the kids to bed.

Cheers
DP
--
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
Here you go mate:

tinyurl.com/287heq

Had to hack it about a bit, but it's all there.

Cheers
DP
--
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
Thats great thank you