Water in air intake Peugeot 306 HDI - teasyweasy
Presently as of June 26 on my way to work I went through a lake on the road, although after just getting through the Lake the car petered out. The diagnostic indicator is showing on the dash and the Peugeot 306 HDI has gone into limp mode. Anyway the engine started again straight away but it continued to misfire for about 30 seconds until it ran ok still though with the diagnostic K indicator showing on the dashboard (actually the 'K' is really a symbol for a transistor) .
I've now cleaned out the dampness in the air intake, including drying out the air filter. But the diagnostic warning light is still on and the vehicle remains in limp mode. I dried out the air intake sender too which has an element in it. When drying out the sender possibly I moved part of the element slightly ..., maybe this elements position is critical in the operation of the sender? . Although I have moved back slightly in several different positions , but all to no avail ?
Hopefully though perhaps all that is required now is an electronic control unit reset ? Please anyone know how to reset the Bosch ECU , or any other ideas which might help ...?
Water in air intake Peugeot 306 HDI - FP
The only thing that comes to mind immediately is that you could try disconnecting the battery, leaving it for a while and then reconnecting it. However, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along in a minute...
Water in air intake Peugeot 306 HDI - RichardW
Sounds like it has got water in a sensor or two somewhere. Since the EML is on, easiest easy would be to get someone to read the codes to pinpoint fault, rather than poke and hope....

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....