MB CLS AMG. Smoking tyres. Brooklands. - henry k
No. Not my vehicle.

I was treated, on Fathers' day to a visit to the Brooklands Centenary Festival.

For £5 I was driven, by a MB driver, for a couple of twisty small laps in the above beast.

They had an example of each AMGs except the S and the McLaren
I was waiting for the SL or the SLK but just as I got to the front they had to be "rested" to cool the brakes and tyres so it was the CLS.

As the driver said " it is not usual to be hustling a two ton vehicle like this"
It was great value for me even if I felt the physical effects for half an hour after.

I feel sure many expected it to be a more expensive ride and so did not enquire.
Normal regular (longer) rides start at £25.

Even though MB is close to my home I had not been there before.
I was surprised at the extent of the track and the showrooms.
We were able to wander through all three display floors and sample the whole range with no sign of a sales person but just a few polishers following the unwashed :-)

The whole day was very impressive with about 450 listed cars attending.
The McLaren F1 was obviously impressive even on the limited track but it was great to see Sir Stirling Moss in the classic MB.

Moved over from Tech (where it was resting) to here at Henry's request - PU
MB CLS AMG. Smoking tyres. Brooklands. - boxsterboy
The lack of threads on the Centenary made me think I was the only one who went - but obviously I was wrong! It was a thoroughly enjoyable day out for fathers day - and not too busy. We were casually having our pick nick lunch and over wandered Prince Michael of Kent to climb in the car we were sitting next to! All very relaxed.

Didn't get a ride in the AMGs but the kids have at least chosen our next car - a lwb S500 with all the bells and whistles. I am afraid they will be disappointed!