Ford 7000 Radio not working - stuartl
I bought a Mondeo with the front 'keys' missing. I bought the front panel from ebay which I understand isnt actually coded as such so it is a 'one fits all' thing.

The radio never had any sign of life before they keys were put in and none afterwards either. Am I right in thinking that even without the front panel on there should have been some sign of life from the unit, maybe asking for a code or something? Either that or the info I have been given about the same panel effectively working in all 7000 Radios is incorrect?!?!
Ford 7000 Radio not working - DP
My understanding is that these panels are interchangeable between radios.

On many of these Ford radios, there's a flashing red "anti theft" LED under the removable panel which should be blinking away, although to be honest, I don't know if this applies to the 7000 model. It's certainly true of the very similar 6000 model. With the panel removed, the radio does absolutely nothing - no display, no sign of life at all, apart from the LED.

If the unit is completely dead, the first place to start is the fusebox (up under the passenger side dash on the mk2). My mk2 had a dead radio when bought which turned out to be nothing more than a blown fuse. When I replaced it I was nervous whether it would pop again as I hadn't found any obvious cause for it, but 2 years on it still works fine. Must just have been one of those things.

If the fuse is OK, pop the radio out and make sure the multiplugs in the back are securely connected up. It might be that the original radio had been upgraded by the previous owner, and was then refitted to sell the car and not connected up. Stranger things have happened.

Cheers
DP
Ford 7000 Radio not working - jc2
My understanding is that the front panels are interchangeable between radios of the same type.ie.a 6000 panel will work on all 6000 series,a 5000 on all 5000 series.There is a part number on the back under the pocket clip.You may need to "wiggle" the panel about in the slot to get a good contact.
Ford 7000 Radio Codes (again) - stuartl
Thanks for the earlier replies re the front panel.

When I press it it the display comes alive and asks me for the code.

I have trawled through the paperwork with the car but cannot find it. Is there a website where I can get the code for my radio. I'd buy a package from ebay but I imagine most of them are fake and a waste of money. When the HG is sorted I'd quite like my sounds!

Thanks

Stuart