Mitsubishi Lancer - any experience? - movilogo
I am bit surprised to find Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 Equippe saloon for just £10k. The elegance model with leather seats costs £700 more.

The equipments offered are generous. Though I'm yet to take a test drive, the spec & price seems attracting.

Any one own Lancer here?

Heard that Mitsubishi parts are expensive.
Mitsubishi Lancer - any experience? - jase1
One of the few genuinely Japanese-designed and built cars left on the market, certainly at that size.

I do know of a guy who was "lumbered" with one as a company car. He hates it, but it's not let him down.

I believe it comes with a 6-year engine/box warranty which will offset the high parts costs to a large degree.
Mitsubishi Lancer - any experience? - Altea Ego
www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=170
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Mitsubishi Lancer - any experience? - tintin01
I have a Carisma and it is boring but super-reliable. I expect a Lancer would be the same. The bit I remember from HJ's report was something like "The most poverty spec dash this side of an Oxfam shop".

They are cheap new, but really, really cheap used. Motorpoint have a 2006 one with 700 miles for £8k. A two year old one can be had from Mitsubishi dealers for £5.5k +. The Mitsubishi warranty is excellent. I think the styling of the saloon is dated, but I like the estate. Haven't driven one, but it was very like my Carisma to sit in. I would want to be keeping it a long time if I bought a new one as they do depreciate a lot, but why not buy used when they are so reliable?
Mitsubishi Lancer - any experience? - Aprilia
Yes, got some experience of Mitsi's - was down at the dealer's ordering parts today in fact.
They are well-made and tough cars, although obviously a bit basic and look a bit utilitarian inside. Parts can be VERY dear (e.g. £400 for an idle air valve!) but parts supply is very good and they are generally extremely reliable. Cable-operated gearbox has rather weak synchro which means that change quality is not great. Dealer service costs seem high (only seen the prices on their board - no personal experience). I thought Mitsi only gave 3 year warranty - but not 100% sure on that.

As an aside - have you considered a non-turbo Subaru Impreza 2.0 ?? Similar size and one or two of the car supermarkets are knocking new ones out for around £12k (or you could consider a youngish used one). The new shape ones ('Hawkeyes' front end) have the 160bhp engine, side airbags, Xenon lamps and go terrifically well - cracking little motor and one of my favour Jap cars - almost all the fun of the turbo without the costs. Likely to hold its value better than the Lancer too..