Ford Fiesta 1.4 - strange noise - hobbie schnaps
I own a 9 month old Ford Fiesta 1.4 (left hand drive - as I am in Gibraltar) that was bought from the local Ford main dealer when new. Recently the car has started to make an unusual 'metallic sounding tick or click' in certain situations. The noise only occurs at low speed; for instance when pulling away from lights or accelerating from a very slow speed in traffic. It does not seem to be linked to the clutch (as it can occur when the clutch is both dis-engaged or engaged) and happens when accelerating or decelerating (although not under braking or at steady speeds) and does not seem to occur at speeds in excess of 20-25kmh.

It occurs frequently (but not every time I accelerate or slow down) and is relatively easy to replicate if I drive the car in a slightly more aggressive manner (hard acceleration or low gear induced deceleration). It seems to be coming from the front left hand side of the car although the exact location still remains a mystery. The local dealer has had the car in twice and can replicate the noise (by driving up and down in the workshop!) but cannot identify the exact cause. He is reluctant to start changing items without knowing the exact cause. Can you help?
Ford Fiesta 1.4 - strange noise - 547HEW
Is the engine petrol or diesel? Is the noise temperature dependant at all?
Ford Fiesta 1.4 - strange noise - hobbie schnaps
It is a petrol and it does not seem to be temperature dependant. All very confusing!

Regards