Mercedes E280 - How much to offer ? - Ubi
I'm getting close to buying a one year old E280 from a franchised Mercedes dealer. Typical sticker price is around £22k. Anyone advise what is a fair an realistic offer to make for a no trade in, cash deal ?

{Car make added to header - DD}
How much to offer ? - adverse camber
would depend on spec/mileage etc wouldnt it?
How much to offer ? - local yokel
Cash or finance? - they make good money on finance, so may be prepared to cut the sticker price more than for cash.
How much to offer ? - Ubi
This is more about margin than details but it'll be a "standard" 0606 E280 Avantgarde saloon with about 10k on the clock.
How much to offer ? - 1066
is it worth getting finance through them to get a good discount and then repaying the finance amount when you need to make the first payment. i think you may get 2-3k off if the saleman smells a good finance kickback for himself
How much to offer ? - local yokel
The sales guy will get his commission pulled if you finish the finance too early! There may also be early repayment penalties on the finance contract. Still worth doing the sums though.
How much to offer ? - Altea Ego
Its a franchised merc dealer, its an e c-class. He will be expecting you to pay the sticker price.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
How much to offer ? - Bill Payer
Without delving that doesn't seem a bad price - is a manual with cloth interior, or something?

Have a look at what they're going for at MB Direct - a couple of yrs ago at MB Direct Birmingham I got £3500 off the sticker price there on a very loaded 5mth old 6K mile C270 estate. They had it up for £26995 and I paid £23500 and they included hands free cradle, mats etc (not trivial at MB prices).
This was a cash deal, although they also threw finance at me at (eventually) lower rates than I could get on my money in the bank!
Bigbirdy, this is the sort of information I am trying to establish. How much room there is for the dealer to negotiate.
How much to offer ? - Aprilia
All dealers, whatever the brand, are nothing more than glorified horse-traders and price is **always** negotiable. Merc are under a lot of pressure to shift cars at the moment and I guess there is a £3k+ margin in this car, so I would be looking for £2k off the price.
How much to offer ? - Bill Payer
A lot depends on how hard-faced you are - I've been taken by the arm and led to the door in the showroom and on the other hand I've still been negotiating while holding the pen to sign the order form.

If Aprilia's correct, then perhaps you could tell the salesman that you really love the car but you really want to keep it under 20 grand? You might get the 'taken by the arm and led to the door' treatment though!
Good stuff Aprilia, thanks.
Mercedes E280 - How much to offer ? - barney100
Check it out on parkers car price list making sure you put in the exact model details.