Another Backroom Find - Pugugly {P}
www.machinemart.co.uk

Recommended over the page in tech on some obscure thread involving sockets. I idly visited it and bought a tool chest for a bargain price. Well it arrived two days later exactly (if not better than advertised) I would highly recommend them.
Another Backroom Find - J Bonington Jagworth
Nice one, PU. That sort of serendipity is well catered for here:
www.stumbleupon.com

although I'm mildly apprehensive that it's just been bought by eBay. Still, if I'd thought of it, I guess I wouldn't mind so much...
Another Backroom Find - Chris M
It was my "obscure thread involving sockets".

I've used Screwfix and Toolstation a number of times and been happy with the products and VFM. I've got branches nearby so can pop in for the odd item without having to spend the minimum to get free p&p. I've also got a Machine Mart branch nearby but have never paid them a visit.

Has anyone got any experience of the quality of Machine Mart products in comparison with the other two companies above? It's easy comparing brands, but not so easy with own brand stuff.
Another Backroom Find - Pugugly {P}
"obscure thread involving sockets".

Not meant as offensive Chris only there generally something of value even in a thread that would on first glance be of little use to me personally !
Another Backroom Find - Chris M
Absolutely no offense taken Pugugly.
Another Backroom Find - pmh
It is worth getting on the mailing list. About twice a year they have special discount days when 'they pay the VAT' Worth about 15% as a discount on what are already good competitive prices for reasonable middle of the road quality items.

--

pmh (was peter)

Another Backroom Find - none
Pretty much the same as any other tool retailer - but with big showrooms. Some good quality stuff such as Bosch, De Walt and so on - and good quality prices as well.
The 'in house' Clarke gear can be good value, but as always - you get what you pay for.
A Clarke 6" digital vernier gauge retails for about £20 in Machinemart, the same Clarke gauge is about £25 at Argos. On the other hand, the Bosch cordless drill I bought at Argos was a couple of quid cheaper than Machinemarts. Far bigger range of tools at Mm though, and you can wander about and have a browse.
Another Backroom Find - henry k
>>Pretty much the same as any other tool retailer - but with big showrooms.

If you happen to visit the Twickenham branch 83-85 Heath Road there is another even larger
( non motoring ) tool shop literally next door 73-81 Heath Road.
www.dm-tools.co.uk/

Believe you me thats an awful lot of tools to view.