Citroen AX 1.1 Echo - not starting - Molly
Hi, I'm having problems getting my car to start. The engine sparked, ran for a while, then died - now it's turning over but not catching. Has done this before, the AA checked the fuses, battery and spark plugs (all fine). It's a petrol engine, ~65000 miles, K reg. Is this likely to be electrical (spark not getting through?), fuel (fuel not being supplied properly), or something else (gaskets seem to be a problem on AX's...)?

Any info gratefully received!

Molly
Citroen AX 1.1 Echo - not starting - ChrisMo
I had a 1.1 AX a good few years ago. Had the problem that it would start, stop and then refuse to start for about an hour.
Problem went after garage replaced lambda sensor under warranty.
Citroen AX 1.1 Echo - not starting - Quicksilver
I had big problems with our 1989 AX11. Problem turned out to be a faulty distributor cap and rotor arm. My car has no CAT and no fuel injection. I replaced both faulty parts, (faulty from new!) and everything has been OK since.

I think that you are close to the crossover point of CAT and fuel injection? But you probably still have a car with a carburettor?

If it has a distributor take the cap off and check cap and rotor arm. If it looks bad replace.

Q.