Aftermarket engine oil level gauge? - movilogo
My car's (X-reg Hyundai Accent) engine seized recently following leak from engine oil. The warning light came at a very last stage when already the damage was done!

Local mechanic is currently fitting a used engine.....

Just wondering why the manufacturer's can't provide a gauge on dash for the oil pressure level?

I've seen some cars that come with (eg. Porche, Peugeot 406 etc.)

Is it possible to fit an aftermarket engine oil level gage? How much will it cost?

Well, I was stupid enough not to check oil level every morning but a leak was beyond my imagination.

Aftermarket engine oil level gauge? - martint123
It was either a large leak like a sump plug falling out that a gauge would be too slow to warn you. Or a slow leak that should be spotted with weekly checks and/or signs or dribbling under your car. Possibly the temperature gauge would have given some indication of impending doom?
I doubt aftermarket level gauges are available as the lengths and shapes of dipsticks are too variable.
Aftermarket engine oil level gauge? - Armitage Shanks {p}
OP is asking about an oil pressure gauge, I think. Level gauge wouldn't help if there was a sudden loss thru a holed sump and, in my car at least, the level only reads before start up and not during a journey.
Aftermarket engine oil level gauge? - RichieW
You should be able to buy an oil pressure t-piece for your engine if you know what thread the oil pressure switch uses. This will allow you to use the oil pressure warning switch and dash light as before but also has a take off to accomodate an oil pressure gauge sender either electric or capilary which you can attach to a traditional gauge. They are popular with kit car builders and classic car restorers. T pieces can cost around a tenner a gauge about thirty or forty quid and sender or pressure tube may cost you about twenty or so. Lots of these bit come up second hand on ebay.
Aftermarket engine oil level gauge? - Dynamic Dave
OP is asking about an oil pressure gauge I think.

Hard to say, as the subject header mentions level gauge, but the post itself says pressure gauge.
Aftermarket engine oil level gauge? - RichieW
Oil pressure is the important thing. Its what prevents the engine seizing. You can have a sump full of oil but if the oil pump isn't working the the engine will still trash itself.

The trouble with the standard oil pressure warning lights is that they only light up at really low pressures so you have to lose loads of oil before it wil tell you and by then its often too late. If you keep an eye on a retro fitted oil pressure gauge everytime you drive you can at least monitor any oil loss indirectly as the pressure will slowly drop over the weeks if the engine is burning oil or has a slow leak.