C-Max - 'Steering Assist Failure' glitch - Ravenger
Had my first major fault in my C-Max today, and was wondering if anyone's encountered anything like it before.

I'd stopped to visit a cash machine, got back in the car, spotted a bus approaching that was waiting to get past, so I decided to go straight away so I didn't keep it waiting.

The steering felt rock-hard and the error 'STEERING ASSIST FAILURE' appeared on the display.

Managed to get the car into a side road, turned off the ignition, waited a couple of secs, then turned it back on again and the car was fine. It also worked fine later, so I'm hoping it's a one-off.

I was wondering if it was because I'd turned the ignition on very quickly that time as I was in a hurry rather than waiting for the diagnostic lights to go out like I normally do. Anyone else had anything like this?
C-Max - 'Steering Assist Failure' glitch - bimmer-driver
I think your correct. I've heard of this on other cars with electric steering. Normally a restart cures it.
C-Max - 'Steering Assist Failure' glitch - bell boy
i think you beat the system
was it you in my village today on the double yellow lines outside the cash machine then on the bend?
;-)

buses often have a problem there
C-Max - 'Steering Assist Failure' glitch - Ravenger
i think you beat the system
was it you in my village today on the double yellow lines outside the cash
machine then on the bend?
;-)
buses often have a problem there

Sorry, no. Single yellow line on a sunday, so no parking restriction in force. :-)