Chevvy Lacetti - midlifecrisis
On the hunt for a new car for 'er indoors. With an absolute max budget of £5000, I was trawling the trader and noticed that a Chevvy Lacetti on a 55 plate (with a years free servicing remaining) can be had within budget (just). This seems a better alternative than a Focus that's two years older.
I know it's a rebadged Daewoo and I'm not bothered about it being 'dynamic' etc. I just need to know it'll start and stop when required. Any experiences of the car would be most welcome.
Chevvy Lacetti - stevek
Last June I brought a 05 plate 1.6 with only 11 miles on the clock for £6500 including a years tax. It had been siting around the dealers for about a year.
Negatives-heavy on petrol for a 1.6
road tax is £165 so not very good on the co2 emissions front
Suspension is fairly soft but some road surfaces such as the lines when approaching roundabouts seem to feel it through the seats.
Positives-Excellent value for money Equilivent focus was about £3000 more at the time.
2 years free servicing was included in the deal along with the warranty
Looks good with alloys etc
Interior quite tough-7 year old grandson proof

If you buy at the right price in my opinion it is a good car.
Chevvy Lacetti - kievclive
Very popular over here, mostly bought on credit (about 75% of them) and also often see as taxis. Only criticism is mainly down to build quality and tendency of rear calipers to fail!! Could be down to the general state of the roads but one of my drivers had a problem with his catalytic converter failing (solved by cutting it out and replacing with a pipe) and some transmission problems that required a rebuild - mind you, he was moonlighting as a cabbie so the mileage was very high after a year.
Chevvy Lacetti - Collos25
Are you after a divorce? let her drive the chevy and then the focus and see which one she chooses buying a lancetti must be the same as buying shares in Eurotunnel.