Fiesta-Engine management light - midlifecrisis
Had the Fiesta up on ramps recently looking at the driveshaft boots/steering rack. Front wheels were off and mechanic was demonstrating possible leaking steering rack seals. He put it on lock to lock and squeezed the gaiters so I could hear the fluid in the rack (hope I'm making sense so far) . Thinking we needed a new rack, wheels back on and when we switched the car on, the engine management light came on.

Much messing about with an electronic thingy and he eventually got it to go out. Nearly a week later, it came on again this morning. (Wife driving car). Stayed on for a short journey. When she switched the car on for the second time, it didn't reappear and hasn't for the rest of the day. What could possibly be causing this. It's never done it before and for the life of me, I can't think what's responsible.
Fiesta-Engine management light - injection doc
More than likley nothing to do with driving on a ramp to check steering. It really should have a fault code check, possibly hego sensor fault ( oxegen sensor) but without a fault code read a waste of time guesing.
Is it Man light or ABS light? worth a check
Fiesta-Engine management light - bell boy
get rid
sounds like its becoming a lemon all at once
Fiesta-Engine management light - midlifecrisis
Definitely engine management light. It just comes on now and again. Seems odd that it never did it before. It's just the thought of having to fork out in the region of £60ish to Ford to tell me what the fault is.