rover 216AT gearbox level check? - sparky93
how do i check oil level in the autobox? I have hayns book, says to warm it up, park and check. it dont say weather the engine should be on or off. i checked with it off, and it is above the max.
rover 216AT gearbox level check? - qxman {p}
On my Nissan QX auto the handbook says to check with the engine warm (having driven 10+ miles) and with the engine running. I move the selector through all positions and then put it in Park with the engine running. Give it a moment to settle and then check on the dipstick. It has never needed any topping up whatsoever, however the fluid does expand a lot with temperature, so you have to be sure to always check it at the same temperature.
rover 216AT gearbox level check? - SaabFanatic
You don't specify the year or whether it's the Honda or Rover engine (I understand the newer 216s had Rover engines), however this would be a good place to start:

media.honda.co.uk/car/owner/media/manuals/Concerto...f

afaik the 1.6 Auto's all had honda lumps like this one. its a 92 era.
rover 216AT gearbox level check? - SaabFanatic
If it's a '92 then it's definitely Honda (more-or-less equivalent to Concerto), so the above link should refer correctly; it's only the newer-generation 1996-on models (I think) that were Rover engined.
rover 216AT gearbox level check? - jc2
Usually engine running;g/box in Park.
within 1 miniut of engin turned off. ta chaps, link was good