VW Polo rotor arm impossible to get - csgmart
Does anyone 'in the trade' know if there should be any reason why I am unable to find any motor factors in Bristol with a rotor arm for a 1996 1.4 8v Polo?

I have been to 3 Halfords and 2 Motoman and 3 local motor factors over this weekend and they all have the distributor cap but none of them had the rotor arm. There all had a space on their shelving racks for it so it's not as if it is isn't something they don't usually stock.

My next port of call will be my 'local VW dealer. 'Local' it ain't - other side of town from me and a drive across and through the centre of Bristol = yuk!

VW Polo rotor arm impossible to get - graham woods
Hi there, csgmart. why not try ebay. I am sure you would locate one. Good luck, Graham.
VW Polo rotor arm impossible to get - Armitage Shanks {p}
Telephone them and get posted. It might be quicker than driving thru Bristol twice!
VW Polo rotor arm impossible to get - yorkiebar
Probably not stocked because of low demand, or only stock 1 and its gone until next delivery.

They should be able to order you1 though. Would doubt if a VW dealer would keep 1 because of car age; they try to only keep parts for up to 5 yrs age of car etc. Again they would order it.

If still stuck, try GSF etc or can supply names of other factors around if you need.

Post back if so
VW Polo rotor arm impossible to get - jc2
Try some other dealers eg. Ford.I thought all small Bosch 4.cyls. were common(fitted to a number of Fords)-Bosch themselves?
VW Polo rotor arm impossible to get - kithmo
Lucas (or whatever it's called these days) used to sell all ignition parts.
Well the dealer nearest to where (Wantage) I work had one in stock bu not the distributor cap! So I bought it and will have to make another trip to Halfords on the way home.

I did ring first to check though.
VW Polo rotor arm impossible to get - local yokel
Have you tried GSF? www.gsfcarparts.com

No point TBH - Halfords have the cap in stock and I now have the arm from VW so job done.

Thanks anyway.