How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - Mapmaker
Somebody kindly sent me this link - you too can avoid the queues on French motorways for the princely sum of a ?30 outlay, plus ?2 per month when it is used. Debited directly to your bank account, apparently.

www.totalfrance.com/france/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2...e
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - Robbie
I'm sure this was mentioned on here within the past eighteen months.

It's quite simple to arrange. Go to here www.sanef.fr/fr/ecommerce/particulier/libert_sousc...M and print out the form. You will need to take a photocopy of your credit card - you can't use an English bank, but credit cards are fine - and return that with your form.

Your transponder will arrive within a week.
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - Dulwich Estate
Unlike the UK, (the threads about the anti-car theme here are really, really depressing and are getting me down), the French are keen to get cars moving. I've even seen several special offers on telepéage doofers with no deposit - can't remember where though I was going too fast ! ! ! !

Came back yesterday - diesel 1.02 Euros (around 68p -69p per litre) in Boulogne.
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - spikeyhead {p}
Alternatively, arrive in the telepeage lane in a car with English plates,.

Shout that you don't understand, in English, shout some more, get waved through for free
--
I read often, only post occasionally
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - Stuartli
>>get waved through for free>>

Only ever happened to me once...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - jc2
Unless you're travelling regularly you don't need one;UK credit cards work in the credit card lanes.
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - gsb
I bought mine through Sanef, you can apply online with your credit card.

I normally don't travel through France more than twice a year, mainly in the holiday periods and personnally feel the minimal cost for the convenience well worth while. I can not understand why more of the French don't use them rather than sitting in up to 30 min queques at the main peages.

Even swmbo thought it was one of my better purchases as she no longer has to do anything at the tolls.
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - Stuartli
We used to use the alternative routes if possible - most of them are excellent standard and you see more of the countryside.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - Robbie
Unless you're travelling regularly you don't need one;UK credit cards work
in the credit card lanes.

Yes, but if you travel alone it saves the hassle of getting out of the car to collect a ticket and then having to get out again to pay. Not only that, you never have to queue, as mostly the Telépeage lanes are empty.

I have a holiday home in France and getting a transponder was one of the best things I've done.
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - No Do$h
Isn't there a height restriction of 2m on most Telepeage lanes? No good with a people carrier or 4x4 if you have a roofbox on :o(
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - jc2
Now that they have added the option of c/card payment to most of the lanes,it does not cause a concern,unless ,as you say ,you are on your own.
How to get a Telepéage for French M-way - gsb
Or you don't like sitting in queues.