xantia XUD pump/ecu/key code - xantia
I have just replaced the XUD lump in my series 2 Xantia. It came with a reco fuel pump which I was keen to use. Now I find out that it would appear that the pump is coded to the key/ECU as it objects to the new pump. All is fine if I temporarily wire the old pump back on.
So.... how do I get the new pump to live happily with the exisiting key and ECU?
xantia XUD pump/ecu/key code - Screwloose
xantia

Few engine parts are "Plug and play" on modern cars; they all need "adaption." It will need recoding to the ECU, exactly how depending on which make of system is fitted on yours.

You'll likely need the vehicle security pass card with the four-letter code on it.

Try a vehicle locksmith from the Yellow pages - or even the dealers.
xantia XUD pump/ecu/key code - bignick
Use the old pump.
The code on these vehicles is held in the ecu for the transponder system which is located on the pump behind a metal plate secured with shear bolts. You could probably swap your existing ecu onto the new pump BUT removal is difficult and expensive (the new set of shear bolts is £48.45 + VAT). The chip in the key is read by an aeriel around the barrel and the signal passed to the ecu. You could recode the key if you have the transponder code from the donor vehicle but without that you are stuck.
I seem to remember that replacement ecus come with the code preset and when you install them you have to recode the keys to match the new code so I assume the ecu is not reprogrammable (I am not 100% on this)