Camry 3.0 V6 cam belt - steve
I need to change the cam belt for the second time - approx 120k miles.
Does anyone have any advice on whether the tensioner and idler pulleys need to be changed - the belt itself is £30ish but the two idler pulleys and the tensioner are over £150.
thanks

rgds

steve
Camry 3.0 V6 cam belt - Big Bad Bob
HI the only thing i could say is witch costs less the pulleys or the engine.? at least when they are changed you have peace of mind. hope this helps
CHEERS BBB
Camry 3.0 V6 cam belt - Altea Ego
How much labour is it to change the belt? 150 quid say?
How much labour is it to change the idlers, its about 150 quid
How much labour is it to change the idlers and belt together - its about 150 quid.

To change the idlers you have to get the belt off.

I know what I would do.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Camry 3.0 V6 cam belt - DP
Always change idlers and tensioners with a cambelt. They come with the belt kit anyway, and the additional work is minimal. I've done belts on three engines now, and it added no more than 10 minutes work in each case.

Remember that the failure of a tensioner or idler in service often ends up with the same result as a failure of the belt itself. If the belt comes off the pulleys or jumps a few teeth through loss of tension, it's game over. Also if a pulley seizes in service, it will destroy the belt within seconds either by stripping the teeth off it, or wearing through it. I've seen this on a Mondeo and on a Ducati 916 sportsbike. Both engines wrecked beyond economical repair.

Cheers
DP
Camry 3.0 V6 cam belt - MW
Change the lot and then you will sleep at night. If you have to ask the question, you really know the answer don't you?
Can these parts be imported from the USA where they are very much cheaper?