mk5 fiesta zetec recall rear spoiler - Billy
I have a Ford Fiesta zetec 1.25 (w) reg, and i have started to find paint bubbling and pealing of the rear spoiler. Can anyone tell me is this a Ford manufacturing problem ?
Re: mk5 fiesta zetec recall rear spoiler - Ashley
Billy,

You have bought a ford, so it's the least you can expect ain't it ? The best way to remedy it is to splash some hammerite on it and hope that it stops flaking off. If this fails, just take the spoiler off and keep below 30 mph.

regards,

Ash.
Re: mk5 fiesta zetec recall rear spoiler - pug
hello, its pug here, we have come to the conclusion that you should buy a new car maybe a top of the range car like ours. See u later BW
Re: mk5 fiesta zetec recall rear spoiler - Ashley
Now the wind ups are over, a proper reply is needed. Bill, take the car back to Weavers and complain, the car is only a year or so old, so you should have a paint warranty left on it. If you get no luck complain to Fords customer services department. The car should be of 'Merchantable quality', obviously it is not so you have some grounds for complaint. Paints are now a lot softer than on your 'M' plate Fiesta, but it should not be flaking off like you say it is.

Ash. ( nephew no.2 )
Re: mk5 fiesta zetec recall rear spoiler - Jeremy
Billy,

Sorry to hear that you have exactly the same problem with paint bubbling on your Fiesta rear spoiler. I have the same car and have experienced the same problem.

My Ford Dealer re-sprayed the spoiler twice and still the paint bubbled after only a few weeks. Finally, they replaced the spoiler with a new one, sprayed it and fitted it a week ago. So far, there is no sign of any bubbling, but its early days yet!

The Dealer said it was a fairly common issue and they have had several cases of the bubbling on both Fiesta and Focus cars, not always the spoiler, but sometimes the rear bumper. Apparantly Ford have offered no real explanation but, to me as a plastics expert, it seems to be entrapped air in the moulding process.

My Dealer has done everything possible to help with the problem and I am sure your Dealer will do the same.

Jeremy