Peugeot 206 - Dealing with Peugeot - Hibster
Dear All,

the tappets on my Pug 206 (2001) are clogged and the gist on here seems to be that this is due to faulty parts on this particular model. The car is 6 years old with full Peugeot Service History, my extended warranty company are completely adamant they will not repair it under warranty, where do i stand with having the parts repaired by Peugeot, or at least them making some contribution to the cost as its acknowledged that the problem is with the part.

Has anyone had any dealings with Peugeot themselves? Has anyone had this job done on their Peugeot?

Many Thanks
Hibster
Peugeot 206 - Dealing with Peugeot - Frogeye
I have had dealings in the past with "Peugeot customer service" which is why I now drive VAG cars! Good luck!!
Peugeot 206 - Dealing with Peugeot - Collos25
I would have thought you have not a cat in hells chance.
Peugeot 206 - Dealing with Peugeot - madf
Peugeot and customer service are miles apart . You have more chance of finding a snowball in the Kalahari desert than getting any redress...

If you want service buy a Toyota or Honda. Drive a French car and get the service the car deserves:-))

madf
Peugeot 206 - Dealing with Peugeot - Bill Payer
I had a Peugeot leased as a company car. The leasing company had so much trouble trying to resolve issues with Peugeot that they gave up and took the car back early at their cost.
so not looking too good then!
Peugeot 206 - Dealing with Peugeot - Armitage Shanks {p}
If the problem is known to be due to faulty parts (whatever that means) then there would perhaps have been a technical bulletin telling dealers to replace these faulty parts. Why is your warranty company declining to pay? Are they saying it is wear and tear - how are they ducking out of paying? Fairly typical conduct I have to say.
Peugeot 206 - Dealing with Peugeot - LeePower
There is a technical service bulletin, they fit the hydraulic tappets from the EW 2.2 petrol engine to cure the fault.

Peugeot 206 - Dealing with Peugeot - Armitage Shanks {p}
Were they fitted free at the time and how has hibster's car missed out? Looks like a mechanical fault not wear and tear and somebody ought to be helping him to some degree - either Peugeot or his warranty company, I would have thought.
They are only fitted for free if the car is under the original Peugeot 3 year warranty & the owner takes it in with the problem.

If it isnt then your looking at around £750 for the work to be done be a Peugeot dealer, its a very well know fault with this EW10J4 lump as fitted to the 206 GTI 137 / 138

It normally flashs up the anti pollution fault warning as well.

Most people start changing the lambda sensors & it cures the fault for a few months until the new lambda sensor is ruined & its back to square one again.
Peugeot 206 - Dealing with Peugeot - Altea Ego
Its 6 years old. You are on your own. Brutal but factual.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
It was never a recall only a technical service bulletin, cant see the warranty paying for these.

Stick a new timing belt on while its in bits, both cams have to come out to change the tappet.

Easy job for a Peugeot / Citroen main dealer, they will have had plenty of practice.
after many conversations with the warranty people they finally sent an engineer down to look at the problem and he approved the work. Took the advice above and got the timing belt replaced as well whilst its in bits.

Many thanks for all the advice, cant help but think that Peugeot's seem to be more trouble than they are worth!!