Motorpoint - Ianto
Motorpoint seem to have lots of good deals. I'd like to know what people's experience is of dealing with them as I don't know much about them.
Motorpoint - Wilco {P}
plenty of info here, and elsewhere in other threads...

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=29376&...f

enjoy!
Motorpoint - philipb
In 2001 I bought a Ford Galaxy Ghia for £16,995 from Motorpoint. I tried the local dealers and at the time couldn't get them to quote me much beneath the list price of £23,000. My car was in perfect condition and I think originally from Holland via Ireland. It was slightly above UK spec as it came with 5 alloy wheels! Best of all, in 2004 after 3 1/2 years use and 40,000 miles, I had no problem trading it in for £11,750 which was about the same price if I had bought from a Ford dearer.

So, I would consider Motorpoint again but only if they were offering another fantastic deal on a car with the specification I wanted. So, if I was in the market for a Nissan Patrol Automatic, the Motorpoint price of £19,999 is a pretty impressive saving.
Motorpoint - Armitage Shanks {p}
That is very interesting Philip. Was there any indication on the V5 that the car was an "import"? The sugject has been done to death before but it is clear that usually an import has a lower trade-in, for the simple reason the dealer knows you paid less for it and tries to scr*w you
Motorpoint - Aprilia
I think the CURRENT situation is that most of these importing dealers will act as an 'agent' for you in buying the car from a foreign dealer. You would therefore be the first owner on the V5. You have to fill in an order for the car and also a 'purchase mandate' - which is basically a request for the car supermarket to act as your agent in the overseas purchase process. The car should not be listed as an 'import' and will be 'new at first registration in the UK'.
I know several car supermarkets operate this way (e.g. www.motordepot.co.uk). Don't know whether or not Motorpoint do it this way though....
Motorpoint - philipb
Motorpoint registered the car in the name of their UK Holding company. It was New at first registration in the UK but I was listed as the second owner. Motorpoint seemed to order job lots of Galaxy Ghia TDIs in Silver as they had found them to be the most popular. The car was in perfect condition and there were no problems at handover. I had enough fuel to make it to the Texaco garage just outside the dealership and managed to put around 65 litres in!