Peugeot 306 keypad immobiliser - Keith Halstead
Hi,

I recently purchased a second-hand Peugeot 306 with a keypad immobiliser (96N 1.6 XS).

The owner's manual describes a procedure for delaying the immobilisation for an hour and shows a "D/N" key. That's all very well, but on my keypad this key is labelled "S" and the procedure in the manual doesn't work! I was wondering if anyone could confirm instructions for carrying out such operations with this keypad.

While playing around, I did also find that by typing the code twice it would bleep at me four times with the green light on - this did seem to then delay the immobilisation but it's not documented so I don't know if that is right or not.

Also, with the green light on, if I press the "S" button, type the code, then the "S" button again it bleeps a few times very quickly. Then when I turn the ignition off the red light comes on and stays on for a few seconds AND it bleeps four times which doesn't seem to be documented at all!!

"Normal" operation for it so far has been just a bleep each time I press a button on the keypad with the immobilisation always starting within a minute of switching off the ignition.

Any help gratefully received! Thanks!
Keith
Re: Peugeot 306 keypad immobiliser - Andrew T
I no longer have my 306 but I seem to recall that the S key is to do with setting a temporary code when the car is put in for a service. I don't recall anything about an hour's delay, though.
Re: Peugeot 306 keypad immobiliser - Dave Lacey aka Dr Dave
Sounds like typical Peugeot electronics to me......... :-)