Vauxhall Signum v's Nissan Primera ? - LongTallHowie
Hi guy's, I need your help on which car to go for! Between a Vauxhall Signum 2.0/2.2 DTI 53/54 reg & Nissan Primera 2.2 dci SVE ? I tow a caravan for our holidays and have two children, I need your views on reliability, towability and cheap running costs. Have about 7k to 8k to spend.

Look forward to your choice!!

Thanks
Mark
Vauxhall Signum v's Nissan Primera ? - midlifecrisis
If you want to know anything about Vectra/Signum go to www.Vectra-C.com. Excellent site.
Vauxhall Signum v's Nissan Primera ? - Pugugly {P}
Signum any day. The Nissan may be more reliable, but the Signum is different enough to be interesting !
Vauxhall Signum v's Nissan Primera ? - jase1
I'm not so sure about reliability either. Newer Nissans are nowhere near what they used to be. Probably rather similar to the Vauxhall now in terms of durability.

Now the previous Primera on the other hand, that was built like a tank, and drove a damn sight better than any tedious GM product as well.

Probably not much between the two really.
Vauxhall Signum v's Nissan Primera ? - TheOilBurner
The Signum would be a good choice, but try getting a 3.0 CDTI or 1.9 CDTI (150) with a manual box for towing. The power, torque and refinement is worlds better than the old 2.0/2.2 DTI.

Out of the two, going on various user reports on vectra-c.com, the 3.0 CDTI appears more reliable than the 1.9 CDTI, although my own Vectra 1.9 CDTI is up to 37k miles with no issues at all.
Vauxhall Signum v's Nissan Primera ? - prm72
My 2.0 Dti Vectra C has done 92000 miles and has not missed a beat, bullet proof if looked after, and chain cam unlike the newer 1.9cdti.