MPG Caps - Murphy The Cat
I wonder if any BackRoomers can help me with some FIRSTHAND advice and experience.

I've just had a phonecall from someone who is known to me who wants to sell me some 'MPG caps' that are added to your fuel tank, and which are supposed to add 10-20% to your mpg figures.
I am one of the most cynical people that you will ever find regarding such things, but a quick google around did find some people that have had very good results from using them (supposedly), but of course they could be completely bogus.
I have 7 vehicles that run on diesel (including Arnie) and a saving on my fuel bills would be very acceptable - but usually when something souunds to good to be true, it usually is.
He's offered me some tablets to try so that i can see for myself (sounds a bit drug dealerish doesn't it), but I'm not so keen to try something that may damage an engine.

I know that it is being sold on a multilevel marketing scheme, I know that there are lots of bogus things on the market, I know that you shouldn't believe everything that you are told/read on t'internet etc, etc.

but I would like to hear from anyones FIRSTHAND experience of using them.

I'm not interested in hearing about diesel magnets, oil additives, multi level marjeting scams, etc, purely anyone who has used MPG CAPS into their fuel tank.

cheers folks

MTC
MPG Caps - daveyjp
www.martinhughes.org.uk/
www.martinhughes.org.uk/

good reading daveyip, thanks.

has anyone on here actually used them ?
MTC
MPG Caps - Collos25
When I was a lad I had a cap gun that went bang .
MPG Caps - Lud
Thing is MTC, if it was real it would be patented and the advertisement would tell you what was in it and how it worked. 'MPG caps' without further information has to be a hustle. Snake oil.
MPG Caps - local yokel
I can sell you some first grade virgin snake oil. Only snakes that have not given birth are used to produce this very fine oil.
I'm loving the anecdotes and its all great knockabout stuff - but still noone who has any actual experience of the 'actual snake oil'.

MTC
MPG Caps - oilrag
This seems like experience :)

www.martinhughes.org.uk/
nah, thats someone posting a link from t'internet - unless of course the poster is martin hughes !
MTC
MPG Caps - oilrag
Looks like no takers...
I quite like the sound of them though, `caps`, I remember caps from a cap gun as a kid.
Are they the same I wonder? sort of MPG improved by caps firing in the combustion chambers along with the fuel.

It seems as though you could `switch to caps` (along the lines of Lpg) and the car might be like the space shuttle with its liquid fuel turned off and running on the solid fuel boosters. " clear the way I`m on caps".
I wonder if any clinker would be produced and whether a rake would be needed up the exhaust when its all cooled down?
MPG Caps - Lud
Short for capsules. Old New York druggers' expression.
MPG Caps - Altea Ego
nope no-one has any first hand experience on here MTC, so I suggest you go and buy a shedload or two and let us know if they work.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
nope no-one has any first hand experience on here MTC, so
I suggest you go and buy a shedload or two and
let us know if they work.

and if I did, and came back on here and told you all that they were brilliant and that Arnie did 50 mpg and that you could buy them from www.mpgcapsfromthecat.com you would believe me ?
MTC
MPG Caps - oilrag
"and that you could buy them from www.mpgcapsfromthecat.com you would believe me ?"

Yes, I always suspected you were trying to sell them :)

( who else would have any interest?)