New Jag two door model due? - SjB {P}
I haven't read of any new Jag two door model due in the new future, the XK having made its bow, but out this morning on the Fosse Way near Halford I'm sure I saw a disguised Jag belting along the other way. Automatic gearbox and distinctive V8 working overtime, strong winter sunlight picked out enough of the radiator grille mesh through the black ducktape and fabric to say "Jag". Of course manufacturers have fun using each other's design cues, but the badge was round too. The bonnet line also looked "XKesque", and it was only the rear of the car that had "disruption packaging" to completely fool casual observers.

Made a change from the usual disguised Rangies and Freelanders that frequent this stretch of road.
New Jag two door model due? - Westpig
the XF is due out at the Frankfurt show in Sept.......was it big enough to be a coupe version of that?...they don't usually bother with coupe versions until the saloon is well and truly up and running though.

My Jag magazine gets the gossip quite quickly usually and there's been no mention of another 2 door
My Jag magazine gets the gossip quite quickly usually and there's been no mention of another 2 door

Hence my surprise, too. I'd heard not a snippet.
Size was very XK, so I wonder if it was involved in powertrain or systems development, perhaps for the XF?
New Jag two door model due? - Kevin
If it was just powertrain development in an XK they wouldn't disguise it and draw more attention.

Are you sure it was two-door?

Please, please tell me it was this:

www.allsportauto.com/english/jaguar_rd6.php

Kevin...
If it was just powertrain development in an XK they wouldn't disguise it and draw more attention.

True, unless major surgery was required to make it fit, or a double bluff fits the marketing plan.

>>Are you sure it was two-door?

Yes, from the proportions, unless "RX8" type tiny rear doors were fitted.

>>Please, please tell me it was this:
>>www.allsportauto.com/english/jaguar_rd6.php

I have no idea, but within the constraints that it was entirely daubed in black gaffer tape and black fabric, and the rear silhouette was obviously heavily disrupted, the dimensions and proportions look similar, I would say it was probably hardtop, and thought black, the mesh grille "texture" was very "Jag".

Differences were the nose line (very XK like), the lights (which can be grafted on from any model admittedly), and the badge; in the fleeting instant that the strong winter light let me see both the grille and it (the empty fake grille was some distance in front), it was round and in the apparent center of the grille.

As this is my neck of the woods, "Will keep 'em peeled".