Picasso:how do I find out what OBD type? - haslitt
The engine diagnostic light has come on - Citroen Picasso 51 plate 1.8SX petrol. I want to buy a cheap diagnostic unit that can tell me the trouble code and reset the light - they are only a few pounds on ebay. But how can I tell which interface will work? I would assume ISO from what I've read on the web but someone on another forum reports problems. Does anyone know what will work. In fact I'd like to get a proper PC interface but that seems even less likely to work!
Picasso:how do I find out what OBD type? - Aprilia
I can recommend EngineCheck from Gendan, a British company:

www.enginecheck.co.uk

A USB interface lead and complete software package (covers CAN and shows live data) is just under £100. This will tackle pretty much every modern car and so if you sell your Citroen it will still be useful. Also you can use it on friends cars etc..

Alternatively try the Autech GS400 scanner (sold under various brand names - but search for GS400) should do what you want - also covers CAN. I think they can be had for about £50.
Picasso:how do I find out what OBD type? - haslitt
You mentioned CAN a couple of times - does that mean you think my car uses CAN or is it just that CAN is the latest thing and therefore if it's CAN compatible it will interface with any car? I really want to know what my car uses, so I can shop around. I have to keep the cost to a minimum, so if a cheapo £20 job will do the trick, that's what I will get! Or if if knew it was OBD2 ISO, I could build an interface from scratch.
Picasso:how do I find out what OBD type? - Aprilia
Since your car is late 2001/2002 model then it should be EOBD compliant (strictly speaking OBD2 is a US standard - EOBD is European-market). So any EOBD-compatible reader should work with it.
I suggested buying the EngineCheck with CAN simply because you would have a tool that is useable on the greatest variety of cars - and at £100 all-in its very good value.