front wheel bearing - mk3 Fiesta - milkyjoe
is replacing a worn wheel bearing a big job,its on the front near side and its got a bit of play in it but it doesnt rattle or knock or grind or am i paranoid?
front wheel bearing - Peter D
On a push bike they are quite eary. On what you've have got, how would we know. Regards Peter
front wheel bearing - milkyjoe
soz forgot that bit, mk 3 fiesta (89) {Added to subject header once more - DD}
front wheel bearing - mk3 Fiesta - piston power
you can do it without a press but you need a big vice and some large sockets , i knock the old bearing out with a old large socket and a hammer!
then clean up the surface with emery cloth etc and refit the new bearing by pushing it back in with a big socket and the vice, this is how i did my astra which is probably similar to your car as front wheel drives have this type.
plus you might need a bar for the vice to turn the handle it is very tight!! good luck.
front wheel bearing - mk3 Fiesta - horatio
I've done it on a renault 5 rear fairly easy. And I have a question,

Why does the haynes manual for small cars metion wheel bearings but a haynes manual for a vauxhall carlton has no mention of wheel bearings?

OP what sort of "play" do you have? If there is no rumbling your bearings have likely not gone.

If you have jacked up the front wheel, and rocked the wheel front to rear and you get some "play" then it is usually the lower ball joint or the track rod ball joint.
front wheel bearing - mk3 Fiesta - milkyjoe
it went thru the mot today with no problem,i was a bit worried about the wheel bearing but it obviously wasnt an issue, thanks for the tips tho