Mazda3 delivery delays - PeteD
I am having a problem with the delivery of a car ordered from New Car Discount. After reading some positive comments about them online, I placed an order in October for a new Mazda3 TS2.

The initial delivery estimate for a date in mid November has been repeatedly deferred, most recently to February. I'm currently awaiting replies to my emails and letter requesting an explanation for the delays.

Can anyone please shed any light on whether there is a problem with Mazda UK deliveries? Or a problem with New Car Discount?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Mazda3 delivery delays - Brian Tryzers
The usual explanation for this is that a car that has to be specially built will take longer than one that can be supplied from stock. Factories tend to do a run of models for a particular market, then switch over to another one for a while, so if yours missed a manufacturing slot, it then has to wait for the next one - and then for a ship to bring it here. (Mazda makes 3s in Japan, doesn't it?)

I'm sure one of our trade-connected friends here can explain it in more detail than I can.
Mazda3 delivery delays - daiking
(Mazda makes
3s in Japan, doesn't it?)

That's what I was told and I wouldn't have bought one otherwise
I ordered a silver 3 TS through a local dealer last July and there were plenty of colours in stock in Rotterdam (so I was told) took 2 weeks, sorry that's no help to you.

Surely though it doesn't take that long to arrive on the boat from Japan. Have you specced any factory fit extras (sunroof, sat nav) or a strange colour? AFAIK, I was told it was a 12 week wait for a factory order which could explain a bit of a wait. Not heard of any earthquakes, factory fires or cargo ships sinking recently - previous mazda problems.

Can't help with any experience of the broker you're using but have you tried contacting a local mazda dealer and asking about availablility on the same spec you've ordered? If they say they can get one sharpish then it would look like NCD can't get the stock at the price they're selling it to you for and are stalling. Is the car being sourced from a UK dealer or somewhere like malta/cyprus?
Mazda3 delivery delays - Aprilia
Mazda 3s and 6s are made in Hofu (I'm visiting there later this year).
With a bit of luck you'll get a 2007MY car - there are quite a few chassis improvements - it will be worth waiting a little longer.
Thanks to everyone for your replies. I was surprised to see so many helpful responses so quickly!

The colour is metallic silver - which must be as common as one can get. No factory fitted options. I did order rear parking sensors, but I understand they are dealer fitted.

New Car Discount's website says "All of our vehicles are UK supplied, with three year full manufacturer warranty and included support package.". I assumed that means they use UK dealers.

Given the long shipping time from Japan, I do find it strange that they can hold a delivery date until the date arrives, then suddenly push it back a month. Surely someone must know which cars on the ship.

Contacting a Mazda dealer (or Mazda UK) may well be useful.

Thanks, again.

Mazda3 delivery delays - uk_in_usa
Don't know if this threw a spanner into Mazda's works

www.caradvice.com.au/627/mazda-loses-4700-cars/

All those cars ended up being written off
An update: I finally received the Mazda3 from NewCarDiscount.com today. I have had an apology but still no explanation yet; however but they did deliver the car for free because of the excessive delay.

Thanks again for the replies.
Correction: I should have written 'new-car-discount.com' (albeit I think one web address redirects to the other).
Mazda3 delivery delays - Happy Blue!
And.................do you like it????
Mazda3 delivery delays - Armitage Shanks {p}
Probably will - once he has got the salt water out of the carpets! Seriously - please let us know!
Very good so far and no salt water!

I took it out for a reasonable length run at the weekend and it performed very well. Although not run in yet, the 1.6 engine was lively and flexible. The handling felt good and the car was very stable at speed. Other than the gear lever being offset to the left, the driving position is very good. The ride is on the firm side of smooth, but copes well enough with speed bumps. It's still too early to comment on petrol economy.

The quality of the interior is very good too, better than the other cars I considered (Audi A3 and Ford Focus). I'm not keen on the aesthetics of the cylindrical shrouds to the instrument dials, but that's a minor quibble.

I'm very happy with the car at the moment!
Mazda3 delivery delays - turbo11
My wife is purchasing a new mazda 3 1.6 TS next week.Ordered it last week from new car discount.com.(over £2000 less than our local dealer).The colour and spec. we wanted was in stock.It Is being delivered next week.We have both driven quite a few 3 over the last couple of years,and have been impressed with their value for money.
>>It's still too early
to comment on petrol economy.

I've done 8.5k so far. I've been disappointed with my 34mpg average to date :-( Which I realise is due to my tedious city centre trundle and motorway blast to work and back. this driving style seems to have more of negative effect than with my previous car - 34mpg vs 39mpg.

However, I did a 400mile round trip a couple of weeks ago at 60-65mph and despite getting stuck in some stop/go on the M6, I got bang on 45mpg (measured brim to brim). Which equals the best I ever managed in the previous car. So not bad for a bigger engine than previously.
Mazda3 delivery delays - Burnout2
I've been disappointed with my 34mpg average to date :-(

Sounds great to me; my 3 has averaged 25mpg pretty consistently from new over the last 2500 miles. Admittedly, it is the MPS...
Sounds great to me; my 3 has averaged 25mpg pretty consistently
from new over the last 2500 miles. Admittedly, it is the
MPS...

I forgot to say, mine is only the 1.6, hence my disappointment. 25mpg from the MPS? Whats the matter with you grandma? I *think* the pedal you want is the one on the right! ;-)

[a little joke, no offence meant]