Which MPV...? - prthomas
Hi,

I am looking for an occasional 7 seater and have a budget of around 12K including trade in. I have narrowed down my search a bit as follows -

*Zafira*
-Pros
Cheap 2nd hand, I can get a May 2006 1.9CDTi for my budget

-Cons
The flex7 seating is not so flexible, the 2nd row bench seat is a bit awkward
Does not have ESP, but does have some other safety features

*Touran*
-Pros
ESP as standard
Seating is more flexible (middle row come out individually)

-Cons
Expensive 2nd hand, would be looking at a 2003/4 model for diesel, 2004/5 for petrol 1.6
Some bad press on here regarding smoke, etc

*Galaxy
- Pros
More space, proper 7 seats
Plenty available 2nd hand, although not too many low milers

-Cons
Quite expensive for a low miler

Umm, that is all I can think of for now. Does anyone have any advice or experience with any of these, or have one to sell in South London/Surrey for around this price? ;-)

Cheers,
Peter
Which MPV...? - ukmpvman
Have a look at a Mitsubishi Grandis or if you can find one a Mazda MPV
Which MPV...? - Clanger
TVM might be along in a minute to sing the praises (or otherwise) of his Touran. Thoise of a sensitive disposition should cover their ears ....
;-)
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Which MPV...? - dodo
We have had excellent experience of the Mazda MPV for nearly 3 years. They have no status but the 2.0TD has a good 136 bhp engine, is very well equipped and handles well. Top it all with No1 standing in reliability surveys and you know why we intend to keep it for few more years!
Which MPV...? - PeterRed
For info, my wife's got a 2004 Zafira 2.0DTi - bought from Trade Sales in Slough. I wasn't keen when she bought it as I've always had a pretty poor opinion of Vauxhalls. However, I can say that we've been very pleased with it overall. One small issue with the alarm so far, fixed under warranty, but perfect otherwise. Despite the low rent interior, it feels much better sorted than my petrol turbo Passat. I'd rather drive the Zafira than the Passat any day. It also has less rattles. The newer Zafiras have got a far nicer interior too. The seats are pretty easy to use - you just need to move the centre bench forward when erecting the rears.
Which MPV...? - Altea Ego
TVM might be along in a minute to sing the praises
(or otherwise) of his Touran. Thoise of a sensitive disposition should
cover their ears ....
;-)

Words fail me, except to say get a Touran at your peril.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Which MPV...? - BobbyG
What about a Grand Scenic 7 seater?
Which MPV...? - Victorbox
My Jan 2006 Zafira has been faultless over 25,000 miles (unlike a certain Touran I could mention) & Honest John gives a good review here. www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=205 People say the rear seat isn't as flexible as some others but flip one lever (on either side of the vehicle) & the whole rear bench slides forward with no need to fold the rear seat backs making a vast load carrier when at B&Q etc.
Which MPV...? - Happy Blue!
The Galaxy is much larger than the others the OP suggested. If you want something that big, have a look at the Hyundai Trajet with a five year warranty. We have one and its fine.

How about the Corolla Verson or an Avensis Verso
Which MPV...? - Jes
Victorbox - Is your a 120 bhp or 150 bhp Diesel ? Thinking of getting one of these but undecided yet...