mondeo oil ?? - silky
can anyone tell me if a 2000 zetec shares the same oil for the gearbox and the engine or are they seperate .
its a manual gearbox and changing into1st and 2nd always feel stiff until the car warms up . any ideas
cheers
mondeo oil ?? - wayne1980
may thoughts are to say that it is a different oil all together. have you tried the owners manual?
mondeo oil ?? - yorkiebar
They are totaaly different oils
mondeo oil ?? - Galaxy
Definitely completely separate oils.

Make quite sure you are fully disengaging the clutch when changing gear, as I once had this problem and I eventually found out this was what I hadn't been doing.

Otherwise it's probably just down to the gearbox oil being thicker when it's cold. As you say, things do improve once the engine warms up. I really don't think it's anything to worry about, mine does it when it's cold, too.

mondeo oil ?? - kithmo
Some say a gear oil change to synthetic improves things, I've not tried it myself and I'm not sure if the Ford oil is already a synthetic one anyway. maybe someone else on here will know for sure ?
mondeo oil ?? - TimOrridge
I have this problem too can get into 1st when first starting car, mines not a mondeo but an audi 80

i have been told it is nothing to worry about it, I topped by box up last weekind with 75W/90 gear oil £5 per litre
mondeo gearbox oil - mfarrow
Yours is a fully synthetic oil to SAE 75-90. Sold as GL-4, so if you're getting aftermarket oil make sure it's not GL-5 (it does funny things to bronze so I've read).

--------------
Mike Farrow