Vectra B windows - markj2210
Hi,
I have a Y reg Vectra with a dodgey drivers window and wondered if anyone has had a similiar fault.

Sometimes when I press the button to close it it goes up slightly and then goes back down, sometimes taking about 8 attempts until it finally goes all the way up.

I have noticed more wind noise around the top of the window and on closer inspection I noticed that towards the top rear side of the glass there is a slight gap as if the window is not allighned correctly.

Does anyone know whether this is likely to just need an adjustment / lubrication or does it required a new unit?

Also there is a membrane in the door that activates the side airbag, are these difficult to replace?

Thanks for any help

Mark

Vectra B windows - elekie&a/c doctor
The anti-trap function is being activated as the motor is seeing a stall condition due to the mis alignment of the glass.Remove the door card and check the run of the glass in the rubber runners.Also ensure that the glass is correctly located into the lifting channel,attached to the electric window regulator assy as it is only a push fit into the mastic compound.There is a small amount of adjustment to the mechanism.The side airbag sensor is clipped into the door panel and is surrounded by a plastic membrane that ensures an airtight seal,thus it is important to refit correctly when checking the window regulator.Also take care ,as switching on ignition with airbag sensor disconnected will cause the airbag light to illuminate.hth