Richard Hammond Thread - Volume 3 - BobbyG
{Thread retitled from "Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond" - DD}

The previous thread (Vol 2) can be found HERE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see that the Daily Mirror is carrying an exclusive story from Hammond. I don't buy the paper, but I hope all income that he received for his story is being donated to the various agencies that helped save his life?
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Citroënian {P}
The joy of the Internet - I don't read the Mirror usually, but the whole Hammond article (s) are available to read on their website. It's an interesting read.

{Article here - tinyurl.com/y87xa6 (link to Daily Mirror) - DD}

-- You know, it's not like changing toothpaste
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - J1mbo
No, prolly straight into his pocket.
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Chas{P}
Just read the stories and part two is tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I admire the guy's bravery very much.

However, today's Mirror article really goes on and milks the RH story for all it's worth. Oh and I've just read tonight on Yahoo RH has just been given a 2M 'golden handcuffs' to stay with the BBC.

Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Greg R
Funny that on the TV I heard on the new 24 that Richard Hammond lives his life in full throttle. Somone told me exactly that to me....not that I have ever done the millions of things Richard did, but I did a skydive and bungee!
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - No FM2R
I doubt that its the sort of thing that Hammond would say about himself.
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Dipstick
The two million pound contract is great news for everybody.

The BBC gets both the kudos and the presenter, and what's more he'll never remember to cash his cheques.

Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Altea Ego
Lol

His wife wont tho.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - barchettaman
Quite an emotive article in the Guardian yesterday, link below:

snipurl.com/10dhw
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - barchettaman
This link will work I hope:

tinyurl.com/y2k4gl
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Altea Ego
"As Paige Mitchell, Co-ordinator of the Slower Speeds Initiative, points out, we know from the British Crime Survey that speeding concerns people more than any other form of antisocial behaviour"

I have never in my life read such a load of rubbish, bordering on blatant lies.

the results are here
www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs06/crime0506summ.pdf

Youths hanging around on street corners concerns people more than speeding when it comes to antisocial behaviour,

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Statistical outlier
A perfectly understandable article written by someone that has suffered personally from criminal behaviour. It's a perfect example of why victims should not be the ones dispensing justice, and why checks and balances are so important.

She's missed the point completely. The scandal is that the driver doing 43 in a 30 and not paying attention was not hung out to dry. Few people would think that speed in the conditions she describes is justifiable. The law already exists to deal with such idiots, we don't need more draconian rules.
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Adam {P}
That article is complete tosh. A shame really for the family of the lad who obviously get my sympathies.

Why these people feel the need to misinform, lie and deliberately mislead people is beyond me.
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Lud
Even people who drive cars don't usually understand what they are all about and how they fit in, or rather don't fit in very well.

People who don't drive cars and whose nearest and dearest have been hurt by them can be expected to adopt an even more unreasonable and bigoted tone. And lots of carp hacks and their organs are ready to print what they say.
Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Adam {P}
The thing is - if my son/daugter was killed by......a falling brick, I wouldn't be campaigning against houses and suggesting that people who build houses should be shot.

If they were killed by drinking too much, I wouldn't want to enforce prohibition.

If they were killed by choking, I wouldn't want to ban all hard food.

Why cars cop all the blame is a mystery. The focus on speed is getting annoying now too. Cars can mount pavements (shock horror) at under the speed limit! I know! Madness! Being at or under the speed limit - you're still dangerous - you're still driving two tonnes of metal and driving into humans is still very bad.

Daily Mirror. Exclusive story of Hammond - Lud
Yeah but Adam, someone in a state who may not be all that bright might easily think all you have to do is crack down, put speed limiters in cars, have a 4mph limit and a man with a red flag walking in front (with beneficial knock-on effects on unemployment, obesity etc)... When they have had some bad luck with a bad or crazy driver they might think, well, there are ways of preventing anyone from being like that, let's just apply them.
Hammond update - DP
Good news!!

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6088264.stm

Cheers
DP
Hammond update - henry k
>>Jeremy Clarkson has said his Top Gear co-star Richard Hammond is "completely fixed" after his high speed crash while filming for the show last month.

Further details below about Hamster's latest fix.

tinyurl.com/y2dv36
Hammond update - henry k
BBC News says

The Hampster will be giving his first TV interview since his crash to Jonathan Ross
Hammond update - oldgit
BBC News says
The Hampster will be giving his first TV interview
since his crash to Jonathan Ross

Oh, that's a shame. Why could he have not been interviewed by someone, who was less of an idiot, as I fear the whole thing will not be very illuminating with Ross in charge.
Hammond - Next TV appearances - henry k
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6162885.stm

....Friday Night With Jonathan Ross on 22 December.

Hammond will be back in the studio in early 2007 when the first episode is broadcast.

Hammond - Next TV appearances - henry k
A short video extract of his first interview in on
news.bbc.co.uk/

Just two minutes - Well worth it. Made me smile.
Hammond - Next TV appearances - Tim Allcott
Just seen a clip from the Ross interview on Breakfast News. Whilst he's not my favourite presenter, worth watching Hammond, I think. good to see him in such good shape.
Tim{P}
Hammond - Next TV appearances - Armitage Shanks {p}
I am with Tim on this. Don't ever watch Ross but Hammond was staggering! An apparently total 100% recovery which is fantastic news all round. Obviously down to, in no particular order, a very strong car, great medical services including the Air Ambulance, family support, huge strength of character and a will to survive. He looked and sounded really fit and well. Happy Christmas!
Yorkshire gets its second air ambulance - Dynamic Dave
Yorkshire is to get a second air ambulance as a result of the 300mph crash which left television presenter Richard Hammond close to death in the county.

www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?Section...8
Yorkshire gets its second air ambulance - Pugugly {P}
Whilst totally impressed by that - totally. (As a motorcyclist odds on I or someone I know will benefit from an Air Ambulance) its a shame that it takes a very nasty accident to a TV presenter for the the Great British Public to dig deep (even more scandelous that HMG doesn't fund it properly in the first place). My heart (and some cash) goes out to a local villager here who has raised cash to share out amongst the Farepack disaster which has impacted upon a number of families in the locaility. That is a gesture that reflects the true meaning of Christmas and moved me who didn't even consider such an act.
Yorkshire gets its second air ambulance - PoloGirl
Jonathan Ross starting now on BBC1...
Yorkshire gets its second air ambulance - henry k
Hampster still in the wings. 23:03
Going on previous shows, the high profile guest will be the last one on.
Ahh, there he is. Still lovely as ever. That woman who keeps claiming to be his wife is there too... funny how they didn't invite me along to support my future husband at the recording earlier in the week. ;)

One question though - if he can't remember anything from before the accident, how is he going to do top gear and all his motoring work which requires you to have encyclopaedic knowledge of cars and boys stuff since the year dot?

Yorkshire gets its second air ambulance - Stuartli
It was good to see Richard as we have always known him.

Hope I have the same sense of humour if I ever go through what he went.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
It was good to see Richard as we have always known him.

Yes, but what a shame he didn't give the air ambulance crew much of a mention.
Give the guy a break, Dave - they got a new ambulance out of him nearly dying!
True PG, and I didn't mean to dis your future husband ;o)

However a public thank you to the crew and all other parties involved with saving his life wouldn't have gone amiss. Maybe he forgot!
Yorkshire gets its second air ambulance - Stuartli
>>Yes, but what a shame he didn't give the air ambulance crew much of a mention.>>

A fair point. However he was being interviewed by the self-serving J. Ross......
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Yorkshire gets its second air ambulance - Armitage Shanks {p}
I didn't give the Rpss interview my undivided attention as I was at work but I thought that RH said that he has 'lost' the 2 weeks after the crash. He still knows he is a TV presenter, remember sClarkson and so on. A great recovery as I think we all agree!
Yorkshire gets its second air ambulance - sierraman
And can now remember all his phone numbers,as a bonus.
If anyone missed the interview, someone has loaded it onto youtube.

Part one:-
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqWFK8GB1Hc

Part two:-
www.youtube.com/watch?v=772KpokzjdE

I'm guessing it's in two parts because of the file size.
Yorkshire gets its second air ambulance - Avant
Many thanks Dave - a miraculous recovery, although I personally would rather stick to hating celery!
Hammond Rides Again - Dynamic Dave
Talk about getting back on your bike after a fall.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6214135.stm
Hammond Rides Again - henry k
latest info & pictures
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6273973.stm

I note it is in the "entertainment" category :-)