rover 25 srs light - chris k
I recently purchased a 25 with minor frontal damage and have changed both seat belt pretensioners for new ones, because the old ones had activated. The airbag had not deployed but the srs light had stayed on. After changing them the light still stays on... do i need to go to the dealers to be ripped off or is it fixable from home ?
rover 25 srs light - bbroomlea{P}
it is likely that it needs plugging into the rover 'testbook' software to get reset. Any Rover independant or your ex dealer that has an xpart sign outside will be able to do it. Worth giving them a ring first though for their opinion at least.
rover 25 srs light - Aprilia
Not sure on the 25, but on some cars its more than a simple 'reset' and the controller should really be replaced beacuse crash data has been written into the memory . However there are places that will clear the memory and reset the ECU for about £50. But try the dealer first.
The airbag did not activate so i was under the impression that nothing would have been recorded on the ecu, the both pretensioners had pulled tight and that was all. By the way where are the crash sensors located on the rover 25 ?
borite
rover 25 srs light - bell boy
borite?????????

i would think if both pretensioners have gone off then the airbag did too and was probably changed pre purchase to throw you off the scent.
the activating cables (yellow? but could be pink with blue dots seing as its a rover ideally need changing as well as they apparantly can melt on triggering)
oh---------and the answer to your initial problem the actuater needs changing for one thats never fired (any scrappie should have lots of these for a bluewie as the cars get scrapped for unreliable engines rather than seing scenery at close quarters)
good luck
for all who sail in her--------------