"new car" - 4 cars
Found an old style Honda Civic 2.0 5 door Type S,only 10 miles,first reg jan06 on a 55 plate.Trouble is the guides only show this vehicle being made up to 04.So what am I missing? has it been sat round somewhere for two years or was there a stock of these things or could it have been made late in 05.HELP
"new car" - mike hannon
Go for it if you fancy it and the price is right. Standing around doesn't hurt Hondas.
"new car" - Avant
SWMBO had one of these - a very good car apart from the appalling turning circle. As far as I know it went on in production until that version of the Civic was replaced by the new "can't-see-out-of-the-back" shape - starting with 55-reg.

A Jan 06 model must have ben one of the last - presumably not sold because people wanted the new one. So it's probably only sat around for under a year.
"new car" - Avant
I should add that not featuring in a price guide is nothing new. I had a VW Golf estate (TDI SE 115 bhp) which according to all the guides didn't exist.
"new car" - type's'
I was just about to type similar to Avant.
It come 1st in class 2005 with whatcar JD Power survey and 2nd in 2006.
I belive it has the Honda flat floor platform as well so very roomy in the back.
The words bullet proof tend to be used alot when I read about this car.
If you are happy with price etc it would be a good buy.
"new car" - ukbeefy
My Dad has a 54 plate 1.4SE and it is an extremely well put together car. The fit and finish inside is very thorough and tidy. Also the space for passengers is superb. Back seat is almost semi-limo (unlike alot of 5 door hatchbacks of the same dimensions) Boot is not massive though.

dunno what the economy would be like but my Dad gets about 52 mpg from his which to me is pretty good for 1.4 hauling around a decent sized car. Shows how good those Honda engines are. Slightly buzzy at speed (lowish gearing).

Sounds a sensible buy. A bit of Q car I would imagine.
"new car" - nortones2
Q car indeed. I've taken off the silly "Type S" badge. The 2.0 litre Honda engine is very smooth at all speeds, has a surprising amount of poke, and is geared at around 23mph per 1000 in fifth. Mine has 30,000 on the clock from new: a very good product.
"new car" - DP
The "sitting around" could have been on a muddy, windswept airfield or in a cosy, air-conditioned dealer showroom. As long as it all looks okay, I'd go for it.

Somewhere in Oxfordshire there may still be a Sierra going around on a 94 M plate. Perfectly legit. The buyer got a bargain as well (I remember flogging it to him for about half list)

Cheers
DP