VAG Window security - Big Vern
I seem to remember that there is a weakness in the newer VAG cars, specifically regarding the 'feature' that allows the windows to be dropped by holding the key in the open position when unlocking the door. I though I read about it on this forum, but cannot find the post when I search.

Anybody know about it, and more importantly how to disable this 'feature' to improve security?

Or have I just been listening to some random bloke in a pub again?
Re: VAG Window security - BrianT
My A3 had this system but it is normally use to shut the windows when you have forgotten to do so before 'plipping 'the doors. I dont see how it can be used to gain entry if you dont have the correct remote key code, as the doors are deadlocked, and if you can open the windows, you can open the doors!
Re: VAG Window security - Honest John
Prise the lock barrel out with a screwdriver then use the screwdriver to turn the lock in the opposite direction from to open the doors and the windows will open. But if the car is post 1999 with a remote operated alarm/immobiliser, the volumetric sensor will detect the change in air pressure and set off the alarm. If the car is pre-1999 and/or does not have a remote operated alarm/immobiliser then this method can be used to disarm the volumetric sensor and open the doors without alerting the neighbourhood.

HJ
Re: VAG Window security - El Dingo (Martin)
I think that a similar method was used to gain access to my K plate BMW 3 series. A small hole was punched into the door skin just under and to one side of the passenger door keyhole, and the factory fit alarm by-passed.

Martin.