Mot Rover 827-Emissions - Dereksn51
Bit of advice needed please.Last years Mot emissions test was a little bit tight-too close for comfort so I'm expecting the same problem this coming Tuesday.I've brought the test forward a couple of weeks-it's normally due in the middle of October,because if the ambient temp is cold the cat doesn't seem to warm up too well.I'm hoping for a warmer day earlier in the year.Now the question.Is there any advantage to putting in a tank of Optimax before the test and letting it go through on that or am I best sticking with my usual Shell 95?And is there any advantage to be gaineg from putting in some injector cleaner as well?All thoughts appreciated
Mot Rover 827-Emissions - Falkirk Bairn
The prevailing thoughts are uually change oil, filters, plugs etc + A dose of injector cleaner and a fast run.
Mot Rover 827-Emissions - stunorthants
Id give it a fairly hard 15 mile run and have it booked in for a while you wait MOT so they test it when its hot as they dont always.
Id also recommend getting it pre-MOT'd if you havent already - I get a back street garage to do this and they have never missed anything, so come test day, its just a formality.

If you intend to keep the car much longer, may be worth getting some of that emissions testing kit, I think you can get it in Halfords, so that you can check if you need to worry each year.
Mot Rover 827-Emissions - Happy Blue!
Do an italian tune up before you do anything else, although a tank of Optimax will not harm it and may be cheaper than buying a bottle of STP or similar.