parking fines - angelslm
Can anyone advice? I have been issued with a fixed penalty parking fine. However, the policeman wrote the wrong address for where the car was parked. Is the ticket valid. I was on yellow lines but definetely not where they said I was.
parking fines - GregSwain
Technically, if there's any wrong detail on the ticket, it's null and void. However, in our "guilty until proven innocent" legal system, I doubt you'd be able to prove where you were parked. I'd just pay it, because it's far more hassle contesting it. A friend of mine got a ticket describing her black car as blue, but she still got screwed for the money in the end.
parking fines - angelslm
Thanks for that info. The ticket was issued at 0150. The car was parked outside my own home. However, the address stated on the ticket is up the road and around the corner from where I live. I may contest it. Have to think about your advice re hassle.
parking fines - adverse camber
there is a website dedicated to fighting parking fines - a sort of pepipoo for stationary vehicles if you like. try a forum search because its been mentioned but 'i cant remember its name.

they can correct certain info without affecting the ticket. Colour - black/dark blue would be an easy mistake.

Wrong location might be different.

parking fines - Dwight Van Driver
If it was a Police Officer that issued the FPN then if contested /not paid then the matter goes to a Magistrates Court. During the preparation of the file the error could well be corrected. Nevertheless you could write a letter to the effect the FPN is invalid as incorrect in that the vehicle was not parked at the location stated but elsewhere.than that stated. One presumes that there are no dyl outside home where car was actually parked. They may NFA but not obliged to do so. Or, without disclosing the error reject the FPN elect a Court hearing and plead Not Guilty and have the case heard at Mags Court. If dyl outside home then be aware that prosecution may make an application to the Bench to amend the place of the offence.

If the ticket was issued by a Parking Attendant employed by or on behalf of the local Authoritty then the ticket is a Penalty Charge Notice and dealt with under civil as opposed to criminal law. There is a set penalty for infringements, discounted for early payment but if not paid action taken through County Court to enforce the debt.

If this is the case then write back to LA to the effect that the PCN is defective in that your vehicle was not parked at the location stated and that you have evidence to prove. It is the practice of LA PA's to take a photo and if checked may well prove you are right.

LA may NFA or send Notice to Owner which will give details how to lodge a formal appeal to the Parking Adjudicater.

Once appeal lodged LA may NFA or issue a Notice of Rejection of Representation. Once issued you have 28 days to appeal to an independent Parking Adjudicator based on written material or at a personal hearing. Consider doing so and take it all the way to the top. It costs nothing but your time.

dvd
parking fines - wotspur
Oh for this web site 20+ years ago.
On a trip to Carrow Road Norwich to see Spurs play.
I parked in a road and returned to find a parking ticket.
It stated the car was parked illegally between 13.00 and 14.50. It was actually 14.40 - 17.30
I tried to get the ticket cancelled due to at 1pm , I could PROVE, I was filling up my car with fuel at the time 50 miles away.
Being young and skint, I wasn't prepared to take it further, once they sent a letter not cancelling the ticket because I had admitted to parking the car in the area concerned and that just because the times were incorrect, basically tough. I was outraged
parking fines - Armitage Shanks {p}
It is NEVER too much hassle to fight incompetence, inefficiency and petty officialdom IMHO. If they haven't got the facts right then you are not guilty and that is an end to it. Write letters, demand evidence, fight back until they give up! In some cities over 70% of all parking tickets that are appealed are overturned. Give the idle ones a run for their money!
parking fines - John S
dvd

Somehow, I can't believe a ticket was issued at 01-50 by anyone other than a police officer - or do wardens etc operate at thet time of night?

JS
parking fines - CGNorwich
Did you break the law? Look like you did- If you did you should pay up and not argue over a clerical error.
parking fines - chairmanmatt
Totally agree with Armitage Shanks and disagree with CGNorwich. We all make mistakes at times and if there was an error on their part then you should argue it.
parking fines - Statistical outlier
He admits he was on yellow lines. That makes him a pain in the arse to anyone in a wheelchair, or means he's blocking traffic, or whatever other reason there was for the lines.

Possibly.

Or the local council there could be like Bromley, putting restrictions everywhere and hiring a contractor with a duty to issue at least 77,000 tickets a year. In which case scream about their mistake until someone listens!!
Yes we all make mistakes - even the clerical error of the police as in this case. Without wishing to sound pretentious at the end of the the end of the day and I know we're only talking parking fine here and not and not a criminal offence, I believe it come down to personal integrity. If you have committed an offence and get caught you should admit to it an not try to find a get out
parking fines - Armitage Shanks {p}
We have to jump thru hoops and try to obey the law and THEY have to jump thru hoops to try and prove that we have failed. If they can't get their facts right then an offence may have been commited but cannot be proved. If they can't conduct their procedures correctly, something for which they are paid a salary out of our taxes, then they should be re-trained, take a salary cut or move into something less challenging! What can be more difficult than writing down a car registration and an address?
parking fines - Collos25
Or telling the time,believe me some of the staff in the couvncil where I am working would have great difficulty in fulfilling any of the above criteria and I really mean that..
If I'm understanding this correctly the ticket was issued at 01.50 and showed an address i.e house number further down the road. How difficult can it be to find a house number you ask. In my experience quite difficult, let alone at night. There seems to be no dispute as to whether an offence has been commited just that part of the address was wrong. Whether that's enough to avoid a fine I don't know but sometimes I believe we have to take a little responsiblity for our actions rather than always blaming our self inflicted misfortunes on those whom we pay to enforce the law.