suspiciously cheap seicento - Jim Mason
I am a student looking for a cheap, small first car. I have recently found a V-reg Fiat Seicento SX for sale (privately) with 11k miles for just £2500 -- £1200 less than the value given in parkers used prices guide. The car appears to be immaculate, but it has a 1.1 litre engine, which according to the price guide was not introduced in the UK until december 2000, a year after this car was registered.

The car looks like a bargain but I am concerned that it might be a foreign import which may be difficult to sell on in the future.

Can anyone suggest why this car has a 1.1 litre engine, or tell me if it may have come from abroad? All i want to know is if the car is a genuine bargain, or am i right to be slightly suspicious of it?
Re: suspiciously cheap seicento - Moosh
Never mind foreign import tag, all Fiats orginally made in Italy.

Is the car seller GENUINE ?
Re: suspiciously cheap seicento - Paul
The Seicento however is made in Poland
Re: suspiciously cheap seicento - Richard Hall
If you can get the VIN number, go to

www.autobaza.pl/autobaza/page.cgi?lang=1

and try entering it. Information varies for different makes, but you might find out what specification the car was originally built to.
Re: suspiciously cheap seicento - Honest John
The Seicento SX wen 1,108cc in October 2000 (X reg), but the Seivento Suite was a special 1,108cc model introduced in September 1999 (V reg) with a/c and PAS. The 1,108cc engine is worth having. The 899cc (formerly 903cc) old dog of an iron block pushrod junker doesn't suit being catalysed and isn't.

HJ
I just checked the car by car breakdown which tells us all that the 'En Suite' was SX based. Have now updated the entry to include when from availablilty. Jim may have to buy this car quickly before someone else does.

HJ
Soon 25% of all the cars in Europe will be made in Poland.

HJ
Re: suspiciously cheap seicento - Todd
Which would be good news for the consumer, as the savings in labour will be passed on in lower prices. Yeah right. But is there much labour costs these days in making cars? Unless HJ means that the Seicento will suddenly increase in popularity because of some european tax on cars not called a Fiat Seicento.
No. I mean that a significant proportion of car production will be moving to Eastern Europe. Makes me wonder how we will be able to afford the cars these factories produce if none of us have jobs any more. But maybe it's Eastern Europe's turn to be rich and our turn to be poor.

HJ
Re: suspiciously cheap seicento - Tomo
Well, taking all things that have happened in the UK starting 1945, I reckon we're poorer than we might have been, if we'd just all got with our jobs, as I think the Poles probably have not lost the habit of (yet); and there's no satisfaction even for the levellers in this because we are not all equally poor!

On the other hand, cheer up John. I was convinced the game was up many years ago, and at least it's still on the field - though in Haggisland one has to worry. Remember the Imp!
Re: suspiciously cheap seicento - Fred Stoat
Some Golfs are made in Bratislava
TTs are made in Hungary
Some BMWs and MBs come from South Africa, others from USA
Beetles come from Mexico

but they're all "German" aren't they?